PDA

View Full Version : How much are they worth?

Palpatine
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 10:48 AM
I've always found the prices a lot of LFS charge for discus to be quite an arcane art. I found a pair of wild caught green discus in a LFS for $260. I'm assured that they are a stable and happy pair, but none of the gimps working there today had any other info on them. They have been there for about a month now.

Are they worth it?

Inspiringfish
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 11:27 AM
I'm not sure where your from palpatine. That seems about right for here, Minnesota, US. What size are they??

mcloughlin2
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 12:02 PM
Mate if your in Australia, they are definantely not wildcaught.. (If they are the owners of the shop are NUTS!!!) :lol:

You would have extreme trouble finding a good quality turk pair for $260 let alone wildcaught... :D

Squid
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 12:29 PM
Mate - young wild greens (13cm) of poor quality usually sell in Australia for about $200. If you found a pair of wild greens then I reckon they're from a deceased estate! or freshly stolen.

Squid

Inspiringfish
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 02:08 PM
LOL,, I think he's sayin buy now.

Palpatine
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 09:26 AM
Went back today. They are definately wild caught, and are quite beautiful, 8-10cm. Asked to buy and got told they're $260 ... each. Stupid knowledgable salespeople. I'm going back during the week to see if I can get the stupid girl I got the other day that offered me the pair for that price. :P