PDA

View Full Version : pls rate my tank one more time ..other thread deleted

rytis
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 01:39 AM
ok, i should have waited till i trimmed plants and added background to do the poll, now it looks so much better, so i really want to see how people rate it... pls vote for it now

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 06:20 AM
rytis didnt you get enough positive comments fomr the other thread? why do you need on a scale of 1 to 10? everyone who saw your tank said they loved it give or take...

Nathan
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 06:25 AM
*cough attention seeker cough*

You should definitely get more discus in there, you have at least 6 in there, i reckon looks boring with only 2 discus, whats the point in a big fish tank if theres basicaly no fish in there?

endless
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 08:16 AM
i reckon it looks awesome. only thing is there is not enough discus there. put in a few red or gold ones to contrast the green

OscarManAlpha
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 10:21 AM
G'day Rytis,

I think if you could grow some of your plants taller in one area to create a shade area, and get rid of the column tier doover thingy you got ( please don't take offense just my opinion ) in there.

That would force my hand in giving you at least an 8.

You know how to grow plants so that won't take long to get some hygro going strong and providing shade.

Also it's summer your way so you can get your arms wet and do the credit card thing I mentioned before, won't take your more than 5 minutes mate.

If you can get a nice section along the back of the Rotalla which you are a champ at growing to create an effect of real plants being the whole backing of the tank, that would look the bee's knees mate.

All up it won't take you more than 3-4 weeks to do that.

I would then feel more than compelled to give you a 9 out of 10.

I don't believe a perfect 10 exists mate, so a 9 would be the highest in my opinion.

I will hold off my vote in your poll for 3 weeks.

At the end of the day it's your tank, but you have asked for input so thats mine.

Once you get the plants more filled out and the more natural look, if you decide to take my advise ( may not be the best lol ), take the time for your pair to come out in the foreground just off center from the middle of the tank and take a few pic's.

Can't wait to see how things progress in your tank over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Mark

Ben
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 12:47 PM
Great tank mate.

If only i could give you a pat on the back.

rytis
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 08:17 PM
*cough attention seeker cough*

You should definitely get more discus in there, you have at least 6 in there, i reckon looks boring with only 2 discus, whats the point in a big fish tank if theres basicaly no fish in there?
:D *cough jealouseguy cough* :lol:

so 7 people think my tank is totaly ogly? hmmm ok :roll: :shock: :?

fish_r
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 08:44 PM
i think it looks really nice :)
although as mentioned i would remove the column thingy, but i like a natural looking tank so thats just me.
and i recon a black background would look sweet as it would bring out the colours in ur plants. i dont think u need a planted background in a planted tank, just grow ur plants to make a background, which obviously u know how to do well :)

mcloughlin2
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
I think those 7 people are some of the people you have p*ssed off rytis...
:twisted:

chris
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 11:37 PM
Put Some yellow or white discus in there and the inside of the Tank will look sensational, Over all Very nice.

rytis
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 01:11 AM
i think i will take your advice chris

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 03:12 AM
G'day Rytis,

I like your tank mate.

But I think there is always room for improvement.

Read my post again.

Try what I have suggested and see what the outcome is !!

Just a thought mate.

Cheers,

Mark

taksan
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 03:44 AM
Great tank mate.

If only i could give you a pat on the back.

ROTFLMAO !!!!! :D

Nathan
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 06:42 AM
your tank looks like it should be in a cheap tacky italian restaurant

chrissyoscar
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 06:44 AM
I think the reason so many people rate your tank so low is because nobody likes a show off.
It's nice to put pics up and get good feedback but a poll is to much especially since it's your second poll..

Nathan
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 06:48 AM
besidont know why he bothers to ask for suggestion and things he could improve he never listens to anyone on the forum anyway

samir
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 06:50 AM

Rytis for the last time there's no e in jealous. jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous. NOT JEALOUSE

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 08:25 AM
hey nathan i htink u mean 3rd or 4th poll bud LOL i hear you thoagh!

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 08:28 AM

Rytis for the last time there's no e in jealous. jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous. NOT JEALOUSE

Really whats behind the J then ??

It does have one E but not two :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers,

Mark

samir
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 08:36 AM
:banghead :banghead :banghead hehe i meant at the end :lol: :lol:

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 08:42 AM
hey nathan i htink u mean 3rd or 4th poll bud LOL i hear you thoagh!

GP Rytis has asked for his other polls to be removed !!

He changed the thread heading....

Worth a look so a mod can remove them !!

Just a thought....

Rytis's threads sure create some good conversation.

I tell ya he has become the undisputed underdog !!

Samir no drama mate as long as we all try not to be too harsh I guess !!

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 08:46 AM
Samir do you think you can maybe photo shop the suggestions made for his tank so we can get an idea of what it would look like if he followed them.

That is if you can find the time...

Could be fun :D :D

Perhaps start by removing that thing on the left hand side it bug's the hell out of me :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 09:07 AM
My photoshop skills are not that crash hot..

But I just had to get that thing out...( no offence Rytis )

Rytis let me know your thoughts mate !!

Cheers,

Mark

nicholas76
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
aaah much better with those parthenon things missing

although it probably needs some large drift wood for structure

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 01:36 PM
Someone else can have a crack at that.

Cheers,

Mark

samir
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 01:42 PM
Harsh ??? i'm one of the three that gave him a 9.5, umm or was it a 9. :)

rytis
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 01:54 PM

Cheers,

Mark

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/files/125gwith_discus_mod.jpg
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/files/125gwith_discus_june14.jpg
two things wrong:
1. look wise, you're missing elevated area whitch adds a lot of character to the layout..
2. technicaly for discus to even hide squeezing in along those tall dense plants would not be as comfortable as under the terrace

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 01:55 PM
Harsh ??? i'm one of the three that gave him a 9.5, umm or was it a 9. :)

I can't see the poll I will wait for 3 weeks as I stated before.

And Samir I was not reffering to you at all....

Just some of the comments are harsh...

sometime the medicine is worse than the mallidy.....

We all know Rytis can be a PITA........

But like I said he has become the underdog...

Hardly a tall poppy is he ??

And in this instance he is not getting into the fish health section.

Oh bugger it would take me a month to explain what I wan't to say...

But you get the gist...

Lets just humour him and his harmless threads..

And have some fun without being rude...

I have no beef with anyone thats a cert...

I love the forum....kills the telly anyday and we are all into fish !!

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 02:12 PM

Cheers,

Mark

two things wrong:
1. look wise, you're missing elevated area whitch adds a lot of character to the layout..
2. technicaly for discus to even hide squeezing in along those tall dense plants would not be as comfortable as under the terrace

Thanks rytis I will work on it some more mate....

Perhaps others can have a go aswell...

Then you can let us know when we have the technical specs right.

Character is important !!

Any plans for a car wreck or some skulls or perhaps a love boat ???
This is a good thread we can all learn from..

Just lets remember to keep our cool.....were all mates here Rytis just remember that dude...

Cheers,

Mark

nicholas76
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 02:21 PM
......what no pirate ship?

or how about one of those guys holding a sign saying no fishing!

love thoseeee hehe

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 02:24 PM
......what no pirate ship?

or how about one of those guys holding a sign saying no fishing!

love thoseeee hehe

I saw a really funny one of a fish cutting down a sign saying don't feed the fish.....

I thought a love boat to get some spawning action on the go...

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 02:26 PM
Rytis is farther on the left or the right ??

Cheers,

Mark

mcloughlin2
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 11:52 PM
I like the tank without the ornament in it...

I think it looks heaps better !!

Although mark's photoshop skills are not the best, you can use your imagination to visualize what isnt there..

Rytis, hiding places are not a must for discus tanks. You discus do not need them unless your lights are super bright. However if this is an important factor to you, why not go and buy some big amazon swords or tiger lotus? The discus would have no problem hiding under the leaves of those...

:D

marg
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 11:58 PM
Rytis,

I LOVE your Polls.

I get up in the morning feeling like crap (aching joints - part of my illness) - make a cup of tea then wander into the Fishroom and turn the Computer on - "Hey - Rytis has another Poll :thumb :thumb :thumb ".

I go from feeling like crap to rolling aronud on the Floor laughing - totally forget all my pain, it mysteriously dissapears as I read all the comments and your answers to them :lol: :lol: :lol: . I'm gonna have a talk to my Doctor and tell him I don't need Meds anymore, I think I've found a cure - so long as I read Rytis' Polls.

Keep em comin' mate. I'll think hard and give you a hint soon for an idea for your next Poll. Maybe some of the others have some Poll ideas for you?.

I reckon Marks right - a Love Boat would be great - I can just see a couple of your Discus floating around the Boat dreamily humming the Theme song whilst the others look on with envy - maybe your next Poll could be on your Fishs' Courting methods?

On a serious note - Marks idea of the tank without the Colloseum appeals to me.

On ya Rytis :P :P :P .,

Marg.

goldenpigeon
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 12:15 AM
two things wrong:

i think what mark was trying to achieve was getting the ornaments out of the tank. put whatever plants you want in, he isnt saying you have to use those.

we as hobbiests try not to encourage our discus to hide. i dont give them the opportunity to hide and they are fine. sometimes you have to be a little (and i stress little) crewl to be kind.

just some thoughts

sammigold
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 01:51 AM
Just to make things interesting.....

I actually LIKE the Parthenon Poles... I think they create a nice ambience in the tank....Its sort of like the fish are living in "ATLANTIS" the long lost underground city....

JMO....

nicholas76
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:02 AM
Sammi!

how was your gig mate? did you get some photos taken??

samir
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 03:19 AM
rytis it looks great like it is. maybe not the traditional discus look but what the hell, what would they know. hows your breeding going. have they spawned again ?

wickedglass
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 10:40 AM
why should you care what anyone else thinks of your tank? do you love it? that's all that matters.
I gotta say I'm with marg on this one, I love the the way you get people's knickers in a knot!

MORE PILLARS I SAY! What a fun tank you have!

IMO people get too carried away trying to provide a "natural" environment for their fish (it all comes down to personal aesthetics), not taking into account that nothing ... and I mean NOTHING is natural about an aquarium !!!! ... even biological filtration (which a lot of people think is a natural thing but in nature, biological filtration doesn't play as large a role as most might imagine, doing water changes is a lot closer to what happens in nature ;) ) ... so why not columns, train wrecks or naked boobie mermaids? The fish don't know the difference anyway ... bare bottom tanks are a classic example! I'm all for columns and naked fish girls and bare bottoms if that's what your taste is ... hmmm, I'm leaning more and more towards the naked fish girls and bare bottoms, with or without columns ;)

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:09 PM
Rytis is farther on the left or the right ??

Cheers,

Mark
left. this particular pair hasnt bread yet, but im sure its a pair by the way they hang together all the time, and thefemale on the right has layd eggs with other male which is part of my breeding pair with yellow female...

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:13 PM
Rytis, hiding places are not a must for discus tanks. You discus do not need them unless your lights are super bright. However if this is an important factor to you, why not go and buy some big amazon swords or tiger lotus? The discus would have no problem hiding under the leaves of those...

the lights DEFINETELY ARE super bright in this tank... swords wont give much shade, and lotus is hard to control how it spreads to ensure its not stealing light from other plants... thx though...

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:14 PM
I go from feeling like crap to rolling aronud on the Floor laughing - totally forget all my pain, it mysteriously dissapears as I read all the comments and your answers to them . I'm gonna have a talk to my Doctor and tell him I don't need Meds anymore, I think I've found a cure - so long as I read Rytis' Polls.
ok, ill post more :D
i love polls, but i think instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 (which people on the other side perhaps see upside down anyway) i will just post totaly awesome, awesome, good, average, eh, sux, totaly sux..

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:16 PM
two things wrong:

i think what mark was trying to achieve was getting the ornaments out of the tank. put whatever plants you want in, he isnt saying you have to use those.

we as hobbiests try not to encourage our discus to hide. i dont give them the opportunity to hide and they are fine. sometimes you have to be a little (and i stress little) crewl to be kind.

just some thoughts
the difference i think is you guys dont keep plants and therefor dont have bright lights, which can really stress out the fish...

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:18 PM
rytis it looks great like it is. maybe not the traditional discus look but what the ****, what would they know. hows your breeding going. have they spawned again ?
i think theyre getting there, not yet, i now know i made a mistake separating them, male was angry at female for a while after i let her back in she (i think) ate the last remaining baby that was so in love with the dad, so he was angry at her for that, but last 2 days its been better....

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:20 PM
why should you care what anyone else thinks of your tank? do you love it? that's all that matters.
I gotta say I'm with marg on this one, I love the the way you get people's knickers in a knot!

MORE PILLARS I SAY! What a fun tank you have!

IMO people get too carried away trying to provide a "natural" environment for their fish (it all comes down to personal aesthetics), not taking into account that nothing ... and I mean NOTHING is natural about an aquarium !!!! ... even biological filtration (which a lot of people think is a natural thing but in nature, biological filtration doesn't play as large a role as most might imagine, doing water changes is a lot closer to what happens in nature ;) ) ... so why not columns, train wrecks or naked boobie mermaids? The fish don't know the difference anyway ... bare bottom tanks are a classic example! I'm all for columns and naked fish girls and bare bottoms if that's what your taste is ... hmmm, I'm leaning more and more towards the naked fish girls and bare bottoms, with or without columns ;)
i know, bare bottom tanks are the most natural looking tanks arent they? :lol:

*Chris*
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:44 PM
no mate tanks with driftwood a naturally accuring thing and plants are authentic discus biotopes no bloody greek columns!!!!!
i think your constant arguement with everything that people tell you is pitifull
if your not here to take advice why are you here?
because its obviously not the love for fish because anyone who looked after and loved there fish would feed there fish so that they dont look so damn skinny
maybe we should ask mr wattley what he thinks of your tank ?
im sure he will do the exact same thing everyone else has done
LAUGH!

:twisted:

marg
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 04:02 PM
For Gods sake leave Rytis alone - you're going to give him a complex !!!

taksan
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 04:04 PM
For Gods sake leave Rytis alone - you're going to give him a complex !!!

Or worse ....
8-)

OscarManAlpha
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 04:58 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know, that as of five minutes ago I christened one of my fish with the name Rytis.....

Full name Rytis king of the Parthenon......

All are welcome to do the same but see this as proof I am the first to do so.... :P :P :P :P :P

All others will be deemed copy cats !!! :booty :booty

Some may see this as thread stealing !! And it is !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Others may urge me to keep this thread on track.
( I welcome it ) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Am I being a show off ??

You bet I am... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 05:20 PM
Rytis I am having some T shirts made up.

Let me know what you think !!

One of the prints will say " everyone loves Rytis " on it.......

And another will read " Jack who ?? " on the front.

And " Jack wattley that's who " on the back

What do you think mate ???

Cheers,

Mark

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 05:43 PM
hehe thx

OscarManAlpha
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 05:45 PM
hehe thx

Mate you are most welcome !!!

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 06:02 PM
Rytis I think this thread is going really well.......

What do you think mate ??

Do you think you will be planning a vacation down under, anytime soon ??

We have loads of really good pet shops that sell discus, I would be most honoured to show you around the better ones...

Such a shame the bigger department stores here stopped selling fish a few years back, before the stock market crash of 87.

Boy did they have some nice discus in those day's, you would have been most impressed.

But alas one cannot live in the past...or can they :?:
Cheers,

Mark

rytis
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 06:13 PM
i plan to go to philippines, not australia though, it would be a pain to get permits to take discus on a plane... plus i do not plan to buy any more, not a single one, i have 12 of all different colors, now it's time to experiment and try to make some interesting new colors myself, that should be the fun part...

yes this thread is going great as all my threads, people just love to see discus in a planted unnatural looking tank

OscarManAlpha
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 06:20 PM
i have 12 of all different colors, now it's time to experiment and try to make some interesting new colors myself, that should be the fun part...

Are you thinking pastels ? or Charcoal ? :idea: :idea:

yes this thread is going great as all my threads, people just love to see discus in a planted unnatural looking tank

I so hear you mate !!

You are spot on :thumb

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 06:23 PM
i plan to go to philippines, not australia though, it would be a pain to get permits to take discus on a plane...

Has that got anything to do with cabin pressure ?

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 06:48 PM
i have 12 of all different colors, now it's time to experiment and try to make some interesting new colors myself, that should be the fun part...

Symphysodon rytis that's what you could call your fish when you breed them in sufficient numbers to satisfy the huge demand they are going to attract.

Once again Rytis your thoughts on this...

Cheers,

Mark

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:03 AM
Now you've got me rolling around on the floor also Mark :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I'll have one of those T Shirts - I'd like a Pink one - Pink is my favourite colour - reckon you can breed a Pink one Rytis?

Marg.

nicholas76
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:27 AM
Yknow Rytsi I have ben thinking about what you said below.

two things wrong:

and also

i know, bare bottom tanks are the most natural looking tanks arent they?

WE AGREE!! LETS BE DIFFRENT IM WITH YOU RYTIS

Perhaps we can work on a star trek theme comprising some of the issues you have validily raised.

by adding diffrent space craft at diffrent levels it allows us to recreate diffrent areas of elavation plus giving discus areas to hide e.g under the enterprise and so on.

by spraying the base or wall black you are creating the spacey look and the discus will stick out like stars in the night sky

posted a pic as an exmaple if people can also rate my idea please.

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:32 AM
Cool.

I can just see a couple of "Pinkies" (that's what I am going to christen them once Rytis breeds them - don't anyone else take the name - I thought of it first) floating serenely around in that setup.

Marg.

chrissyoscar
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 12:43 AM
Nick, you're not a Treky are you. :shock:
I love Sci Fi, looks like a treky tank coming up for me lol.

goldenpigeon
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:12 AM
very interesting nick! can we have a Treky X Star Wars set up? i think it would be awesome with a wooki in there hehe

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:28 AM
i wonder if you people mean one being the best, 10 the worst maybe? :roll: :oops:

coz i doubt its the worst looking tank, since i did a poll on another forum, andeveryone is voting 10!!!!!! a solid 10...

Darth_discus
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:55 AM
It may be the fact that you post quite a lot of these 'rating my tank' polls that many people don't like and that i think has led to your average of about 2.

A great idea would be to get rid of the poll and just post the pics and ask for constructive feedback.

I have seen many tanks and they're all alike except some people may think they are better and some people don't think they are better, many things in the world you have to put up with, things that you dont like.

Its just one of those things, that us as humans have to put up with.

HTH rytis

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 03:34 AM
i like polls, some people here said they also like them: people like to vote and give their opinion, whats wrong with that?

sammigold
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 05:00 AM
Nick, This ones for you mate!

Sung to the Angels song:
"Am I ever gonna see your face again"
Verse:
Doctor Spocks in outer space he's lost his vulcan mind,
Now he's looking for the space he knows he'll never find
chorus:
Spock sings :"Am I ever going to see my space again?"
Everybody: No way, Get Spocked, Spock Off!
Spock: "Am I ever going to see my space again?"
Everybody: No Way, Get Spocked, Spock Off....

ROFLMAO - sorry Nick couldnt resist giving you my rendition inspired by Star Trek...(mild trekkie, I am)

A space tank could be very cool!!! I went through a stage where I wanted to have a crazy flouro tank, in fact my 2ft guppy and gibby tank has flouro pink and lime green gravel mixed in with the normal stuff... It makes for a bright tank!!!

Rytis, Love the tank... leave it as is.... dont bother asking party poopers what they think...

and Mark I want a TShirt....

and Marg- I saw a part purple discus once and arent I kicking myself that I didnt buy it... but it was when I was first setting up my discus tank and I didnt realise that it wasnt a "strain" that you could just buy!!!! (sammi has sad and "spewin" look on face.....

Oh and A*I fishy boy... I think you were just a little too harsh in your comments before.. I think that Rytis is half "tongue in cheek" with his comments....JMO

oh and last but not least..(long post I know!)

Rytis, when did you photo shop your avatar!!!??? You did didnt you!!! Your white turks eye was not that big last time I looked!!!! LOL You are sneaky!!

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 06:02 AM
i like polls, some people here said they also like them: people like to vote and give their opinion, whats wrong with that?

That should have read: i like parthenon's, some people here said they also like them: people like to vote and give their opinion, whats wrong with that ?

Nothing could possibly be wrong when one go's by the name Rytis.......

Sammi,Nick,Marg,Rytis good to see the light side of things aint it...

Rytis I see you have some new polls and have contributed to other threads on the forum.

Rytis I can only chat to you in this thread, I have taken a position of none response to you in other threads....

Perhaps it would serve you better just to keep your comments and alike in this one thread....

I may not be completly Rytis, but I don't think I am Rongis either !!

Cheers,

Mark

Ben
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 06:10 AM
Rytis, when you get the chance put a photo of your self here:

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1721

Then we will know who we are chatting to:

My pic is there~not sure which page!! i am hangin out with some monkeys!!

cheers
Ben

taksan
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 08:16 AM
Just thought I would let everyone know, that as of five minutes ago I christened one of my fish with the name Rytis.....

All others will be deemed copy cats !!! :booty :booty

Cheers,

Mark

I copied you !
Today I called ALL my fish I bought Rytis !
Rytis #1 Rytis #2 etc through to Rytis #50
My umbee's thought he was delicious !
8-)

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 09:04 AM
I copied you !
8-)

Taksan does that mean your umbee's may be full of Rytis for a little while ?

Cheers,

Mark

taksan
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 09:05 AM

Cheers,

Mark

Yeah better do a big water change quick :shock:

goldenpigeon
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 11:46 AM
lol taksan!

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:34 PM
Rytis I can only chat to you in this thread, I have taken a position of none response to you in other threads....

Perhaps it would serve you better just to keep your comments and alike in this one thread....
i think that's fair, ok i will try to keep it all here as much as i can... :wink:

Fixem
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 01:57 PM
I copied you !
8-)

Cheers,

Mark

LOL! or full of ArthRytis? :roll: :P

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 02:36 PM
Rytis has been fixing my Arthritis with all his Polls. I am too busy laughing at the responses that they provoke that I completely forget about it, along with all my other problems!!

Keep 'em coming Rytis.

And yes Ben, that is a great idea - how about a self portrait Rytis - mine is my Avatar (along with my gorgeous grandaughter) - I'm the oldie :lol: :lol:.

I'll start a new Poll then - and title it "Is Rytis a honey or what?".

Laughter is the Best Medicine.

Marg.

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 03:38 PM
i posted as pic of me in philippines last winter in the link given here somewhere

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 03:42 PM
i posted as pic of me in philippines last winter in the link given here somewhere

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1721&start=440

I linked it for you mate :D

How long were you and your mom in the Phillipines ?

It sure looks tropical there !!

Cheers,

Mark

samir
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 03:46 PM
rytis you look well fed and healthy :lol: the eyes are in proportin to the head :lol: nice to see a pic of you and put a face to the name

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 03:57 PM
ok if brazil loses to australia, i promisse not to post for a week,,,, hows that? :)

samir
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:02 PM
i'm sure nobody minds you posting. rytis :lol:

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:03 PM
ok if brazil loses to australia, i promisse not to post for a week,,,, hows that? :)

Well we hope they win, Australia that is.......

But just post in here mate like you are....

We would miss you if you didn't post here for a whole week.

Hey some pics here of you and your travels would be really cool.

Cheers,

Mark

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:05 PM
i'm sure nobody minds you posting. rytis :lol:

We posted at the same time Samir LOL..

Cheers,

Mark

Brilliant
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:09 PM
This is one of the funniest things ive read in a while. I cant stop laughing.

You know Rytis...when I look at your tank and the structure inside...it makes me think of this area I have near my house in the creek...where the roots of the trees above cover an area in the water. The roots come down and look like columns...like you have in your tank. There is a nice shaded area given by this structure...much like your setup gives.

If I were you I would up filtration 100%..your tank should be drilled with a sump. Did I read somewhere you had an under gravel filter?

samir
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:09 PM
:D rytis just for your info ,Australia's pretty good at soccer, for a country where its probably the fourth or fifth most popular game,

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:46 PM
Hey Rytis. Don't even think about not posting for a week. We'd miss you too much.

Nice job of photoshop on your avatar :wink:

samir
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:49 PM
still 0-0 at half time rytis, does a draw count ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:49 PM
i meant this for people like taxan and goldenpigeon, the true admierers of my discus :)

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:50 PM
This is one of the funniest things ive read in a while. I cant stop laughing.

You know Rytis...when I look at your tank and the structure inside...it makes me think of this area I have near my house in the creek...where the roots of the trees above cover an area in the water. The roots come down and look like columns...like you have in your tank. There is a nice shaded area given by this structure...much like your setup gives.

i know it;s so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:51 PM
still 0-0 at half time rytis, does a draw count ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
im still posting...

samir
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 05:18 PM
so when were you and mum in sydney ??? :twisted: :twisted: hehehe

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 06:05 PM
this was in march 2006, behind you can see a pet shop where i bought most of my discus

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 10:39 PM
Rytis,

Nice to put a face to a name!

Where do you live? Your photo refers to "me and mom on the island" - wherever you live it looks like it is in a nice Tropical area (Marg says with much envy). What type of work do you do (apart from being a dedicated Discus Dude :lol: ).

Say hi to Mum - what does she think of having a Dsicus fanatic for a son?

And I agree with Ladyred, Taksan and Mark - don't even think about not posting for a week - it is the highlight of my day - wake up, make a cuppa and turn on the Computer to see what's happening on the Discus Forum - it is always fun to see whats been happening and what you are up to (and if you've ruffled any Fins).

Marg.

rytis
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 11:27 PM
actually the original photo was nowhere near where we live: my mom lives in denmark, i live in Philadelphia USA, but we met in Philippines where this picture was taken, i have a simple house there on the island... a secret location...

i do concrete casting and some other stuff...

about the bet, well i knew australians had no chance against brazil, so i bet with confidence....

OscarManAlpha
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 11:38 PM
i meant this for people like taxan and goldenpigeon, the true admierers of my discus :)

Easy tiger.

Cricket is a well known sport here in Australia and to use a metaphor from the game, many have gone into bat for ya mate.

Goldenpigeon for one spent a lot of time trying to advise you, as well as many others the list is too long for me to type out.

And Taksan has exercised a lot of patience towards you.

I think if you keep your posts for the most part in this thread, they will start to warm to you and your fish a little. ( can't be 100% on the fish and the way you disregard they're good advise. Or at least you did in the past, but that's all history now really. )

It's one thing to blow some coals mate but you don't want any sparks to start flying back into your face.

I know you will take this as some friendly advise mate.

This thread of yours is fantastic really IMO.

Cheers,

Mark

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 11:58 PM
He listen Rytis, they only just won - 2-0 - nothing to brag about :P .

Us Aussies are great sporties.

Marg.

Bronx19
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 05:30 AM
Personally, I get a little freaked out when I see who's on the other end of the line. Especially when my worst fears are confirmed, they're adults.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 06:57 AM
i meant this for people like taxan and goldenpigeon, the true admierers of my discus

LOL thats the last time i EVER help you!!!

samir
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 07:01 AM
you dont help the expert, he helps you. :P

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 07:13 AM
oh so true samir! im sorry rytis! please reaccept me into your fan club! can i have your signature? can i buy your used chewing gum?

but yes im not ever going to give you advice on anything rytis. the only thing im going to do that involves you is delete posts where your go further than usual.

have a nice day

Cheers
David

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 09:16 AM
i meant this for people like taxan and goldenpigeon, the true admierers of my discus

Take it easy GP. I think Rytis's comment was intended a little "tongue in cheek".

Keep it light guys. I think our friend Rytis has a real sense of humour and is having a little bit of a lend of us. :wink:

marg
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 11:53 AM
I'm going to start the "Leave Rytis Alone" Fanclub.

Who wants to join?

I think Rytis has a great sense of humour - he really brightens my day!!

Marg.

sammigold
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 01:02 PM
Yes Marg, I am aligning myself with you here....
I am enjoying the banter between the boys..(Oh dont their feathers ruffle easily!)
If they were discus we'd be beside ourselves trying to move the tank around so they could all establish their territories..LOL

Keep on keeping on guys...I'm really enjoying this!!! :-) :-)

marg
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 01:21 PM
As I have said in earlier posts Sammi, when I get up of a morning I make a cuppa and wander into the Fish/Computer room and turn on the Computer to see whar squabbles have erupted overnight - has me in fits sometimes, they are so funny.

Yes you are right - if they were Fish we'd be moving them all over the place. I think it's all in good fun though.

Marg.

endless
Tue Jun 20, 2006, 08:39 AM
I cant believe i just read through all five pages of this post. Gotta admit though it was a pretty entertaining read and marg i would like to also join your "leave rytis alone" fan club.

goldenpigeon
Tue Jun 20, 2006, 08:45 AM
its funny because we are nolonger on topic.... since like page 2...

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jun 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
Gotta admit though it was a pretty entertaining read and marg i would like to also join your "leave rytis alone" fan club.

It's all good guy's.

Little known fact is, we all went to different schools together.

Thus we are all close mates.........arent we Rytis ?

Not sure i'm that close, I would wan't his used chewing gum though !!

Cheers,

Mark

dcarmau
Tue Jun 20, 2006, 12:38 PM
I've just read through, Count me into your Club Marg!

Rytis, I like the tank, not overly keen on the parthenon, but then I'm not a fan of greek architecture! I have a giant Bell in my tank, which I think is fab, I just have to convince some plants (Coming Soon) to grow on it.

Your tank has actually eased my mind on that topic, I think your purple/red plants are similar to a bunch I've bought on eBay, Pogostomen Stellata, which I'm -hoping- will grow in my Discus tank, they're a beautiful looking plant.

rytis
Tue Jun 20, 2006, 11:42 PM
thx for joining the fan club :)
as for your red plants dca, they will need bright lights and co2, only then they will grow.

dcarmau
Wed Jun 21, 2006, 09:07 AM
yup yup! I'm on that, just about to prepare my DIY CO2 over the next couple of days. gotta fix some kH/pH issues in my tank first. New Light is on order too!

damian
Wed Jun 21, 2006, 09:38 AM
LMAO

I am a total newbie
Actually this is my first post but i am so proud it is in this thread.

I have just read the entire thread for the first time and am still chuckling and shaking my head.
Anyway totally off topic but is there one?? I am about to buy some discus and plan on asking lots of questions and also taking some of the advice given.

Rytis, Keep on posting buddy, Your posts are very informative and a good lesson for all newbies like me. I eagerly look forward to gleaning lots more information both on discus and forum etiquette.
Best regards
Damian
Gold Coast

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 21, 2006, 09:52 AM
yay another goldie member!!! welcome aboard mate!

RichVic
Wed Jun 21, 2006, 10:30 AM
Couldn't resist

marg
Wed Jun 21, 2006, 11:59 AM
Rytis and Mum standing next to the Colloseum, in the Garden of Eden!!

Richvic, you stirrer!!!

You'd better Email that one to your Mum Rytis.

Marg.

samir
Wed Jun 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe we could have a photoshop rytis and mum competition

marg
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 12:26 AM
Ha Ha. what a neat idea- I reckon Rytis would love that.

Only problem for me is I am a beginner posting Photos so much as I'd like to participate (and I have a wicked sense of humour at times) I'd have to be a spectator. maybe i could be the Judge? That'd make me feel important for a day :D :D .

But yeah, bring on the Rytis and Mum Photo's!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marg.

RichVic
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 12:59 AM
Hi all
Marg, I hoped you'd get a giggle and forget the arthritis, I also have beginners photo skills, but I have a secret weapon - Teenagers x 3 boys who can mock up anything - Pm your request and I'll get the boys to post it for you! Would love to see your wicked sense of humour!
Vicki

marg
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 01:35 AM
Vicki,

I got a giggle allright. This Forum is the best therapy ever.

I am a Diabetic and have Osteoarthritis combined with a bad case of Osteoporosis and break bones very very easily (which makes me mad as heck) - I am 54 and the eldest of 3 children - my Mum was ill all her life and my Dad worked 3 jobs to support us, so I was kinda like the eldest Son (even though I am very much Female) and had to do all the manly jobs when Dad wasn't home.

When I married, I married a Mumma's boy, so I had to be the "Man" and do all the manly jobs (ditched him 12 years ago - sent him back to mumma). So all my life I have been very physically active.

10 years ago all these problems manifested themselves and since then I have constantly broken bones doing silly things like bumping my arm whilst cleaning the bath (Crack - a broken arm :evil: :evil: ).

Me being one of those who never says die continues to refuse to accept my condition and have had various plastered ankles and elbows and shoulder reconstructions etc., but I say "Soldier on" and continue on my merry way. regardless of all the above I am a pretty happy person - it only occasionally gets me down. There are many others worse off.

Sorry to ramble on but to cut a long story short, I wake up of a morning pretty achy and I make a cuppa and wander into the Fishroom, Feed the Fish and turn the Computer on - I get so engrossed in what is on the Forum (especially Rytis' Polls) that in no time at all I have forgotten my pains and am laughing my head off.

I'll have a look for some Photos and pm them to you for your boys to work on - should be fun!!

Marg.

rytis
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 04:45 AM
nah, i still vote for the one near the discus pet shop in the back (the first one)

thx damian :D

rytis
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 05:03 AM
well, im afraid to post another topic/poll but i really want peoples opinion on my computer designed layout vs the one i have now, so pls give opinion coz im thinking about resetting my 265g aquarium....

OscarManAlpha
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 06:57 AM
well, im afraid to post another topic/poll but i really want peoples opinion on my computer designed layout vs the one i have now, so pls give opinion coz im thinking about resetting my 265g aquarium....

I like your design, should be interesting to how close to the computer designed layout you can get it....

Cheers,

Mark

samir
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 07:21 AM
Rytis for the last time, it wasn't a discus shop, its the sydney opera house. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mcloughlin2
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:43 AM
nah, i still vote for the one near the discus pet shop in the back (the first one)

thx damian :D

Rotflmao!!! :lol:

We can only continue dreaming of fishshops, let alone discus specialty shops that are that big... :lol: :lol: :lol:

In regards to your plans for your new tank design rytis, are those more Parthenon in the centre of the tank?

I think you should try to find a massive piece of driftwood hat curves out abit to provide a space where the discus can find shade instead of the Parthenon..

bushie
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:44 AM
no offence but...

who`s playin who for the fool.... :shock:

keep takin the %^$$ riotous (rytis)

rytis
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 12:06 PM
In regards to your plans for your new tank design rytis, are those more Parthenon in the centre of the tank?

I think you should try to find a massive piece of driftwood hat curves out abit to provide a space where the discus can find shade instead of the Parthenon..
no, i plan to make it from pvc pipe cut in half and do rock formation ornament on it, so it would look natural this time... as far as using driftwood, it would be much more difficult in finding what i need, plus these plants need soil spot, much easier, but i totaly hear what you';re saying, something to think about...

mcloughlin2
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 12:13 PM
no, i plan to make it from pvc pipe cut in half and do rock formation ornament on it, so it would look natural this time...

Good idea actual....i did not think about the fact there would be no place for the soil on the driftwood.... :D

Perhaps you should make up this structure and post pictures on here? So we can share ideas and or improvements? It would be a pain to rip apart a beautiful tank for no reason...

dcarmau
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 12:15 PM
could you use driftwood and nestle your PVC pipe in it somehow?

rytis
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:29 PM
if i drill holes in driftwood, then i dont need the pipe at all.... it's just takes effort to carve out the driftwood the right way....

kalebjarrod
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
My two cents

Rytis your tank is not my cup of tea, i don't personally want that look in my tank but hay......................

its not my tank!

i gave you a 7, your tank is nice but you need to look at the overall tank

ie: i notice the filter spraybar, the mismatched lights, and later you have pics with half finished cornice work

you need some more fish, and i would suggest a single colour, ie: all blue

but overall you seem to grasp your hobby well

your tank only needs minor asthetical adjustment

and this thread is funny as h ell, i say go hard rytis

just don't try and sell me those pillars LOL

:wink:

rytis
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 12:15 AM
ok how about this design?
the sample of rock is the pic of actual rock pot i just made in 10 minutes, so i should be able to design these within a day or so... (i just stretched some out here to give an idea....)

what do you think of the layout? :?

dcarmau
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 12:20 AM
I quite like that Rytis!

perhaps instead of a "vertical" stone, use a couple of smaller stones on top of each other?

OscarManAlpha
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 12:21 AM
Looks good mate IMO.

How long before we see it in the raw ?

Cheers,

Mark

marg
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 12:46 AM
Good suggestion Dcarmau - I think that would look more natural - should look really great Rytis!!

marg.

rytis
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 01:31 AM
oscar, when we all will be reasonably satisfied, i will get to work on rock pots... 3-4 days to set it up and another 2-3 weeks after newly replanted plants look natural and i show off the pics...

yes smaller sections sticking out at different hights/depths should be more interesting despite being harder to make...

i will take my time on this one, because what i have now is not bad at all, so before replacing it i want to make sure i have a superb layout.... probably wont have it done before september hehe im in no rush

rytis
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 01:35 AM
here's the pot i made in about 8 minutes, its so easy.... i will do explanation article later if people will be impressed... looks so real!

i can make these any shape i want ez!!

marg
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 01:41 AM
Please tell us how it's done Rytis.

I for one would be very interested - it looks great - what is it made out of?

Marg.

dcarmau
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 01:45 AM
deefinitely post an article, Rytis! I'd love to learn how to do that! it looks fantastic!

rytis
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 02:54 AM
ok some clay and some interesting rocks. press rocks into clay repeatedly to create a mold.... wrap that around on a piece of wood base...

then use smoothcast roto (i dont know if you have that in australia, im lucky to work with it...) about half a glass mixture 1:1.... rotate it around the mold you made.... in about 5 minutes it sets....

then spraypaint with black paint.... then with yellow paint just from top, creates depth like sun is shining from top..... thats it really...

dcarmau
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 02:57 AM
nice!

*wonders what equivalents are available here*

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 05:36 AM
dont put spray paint in your tank.

taksan
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 05:49 AM
No really ...by all means spray paint your tank 8-)

samir
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 06:40 AM
you will have to use epoxy over the paint. http://www.epoxy.com/

kalebjarrod
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 08:14 AM
Paint's are no good in a tank

sorry dude

but its a great idea, we just need our members to find you a new source of safe pigment

maybe a fiberglass resin?

mcloughlin2
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 08:41 AM
Rytis please in your spare time write us up a more detailed explanation on how you did it (Including some reccomendations on and tips) ...would look nice in my african tanks... :D

marg
Wed Jun 28, 2006, 11:45 PM
Dedfinately don't use Paint in your tank Rytis.

A friend of mine bought one of those shipwrecks that was painted and she put it in her tank - and lost $500.00 worth of Fish. One Fish survived and it was a very sick Fish for quite some time. The Fish Shop where she bought it refused to accept any responsibility either (dud Fish Shop :x ).

Have a look at the site Samir recommended (very kind of you to do that for Rytis, Samir). You might get some ideas there without making your Fish sick. Just a thought - was the famous White Turk in a tank with something painted in it in his younger days?

Marg.

rytis
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 02:19 AM
hmm, i have lots of stuff spraypainted in my tank... never had problem other then plecos scraping it off..., i let it sit in other water for a couple of days, its just plastic really...

instead of paint i could just use color tint, but i like the angle effect of spraying from the top...

marg
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 03:01 AM
Please listen Rytis, DON'T use paint :roll: :!: :!:

Marg.

OscarManAlpha
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 04:41 AM
One thing about you Rytis, you really know how to apply the bait on your hook.

Guy's the bait on Rytis's hook right now is spray paint !!

Lets just say his getting some good bites with it...

Cheers,

Mark

rytis
Thu Jun 29, 2006, 06:41 AM
lol

rytis
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 12:04 AM
the boyfriend of yellow female is cheating with a snakeskin while im cycling the breeding tank... :?

these both are beautiful fish, but sinse both are blue, i dont care much, i want to breed this turq with yellow female.. just wanted to share...

i hope he dont get exhausted too much, coz i want to move him back in with yellow female into a 40 gallon breeding tank in a few days... now its cycling with a filter, heater and 2 plecos witch will be out...

btw, the only other fish in this 125g tank are 2 other discus and 4 danios.. if i would remove them and only leave a pair and turn of filters, is it worth it or no chance for babies to attach anyway? im guessing dont bother...

nicholas76
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 12:14 AM
nice one :)

samir
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 03:36 AM
HAHAHAHA now we know what the pillars are for. a little love shack. great thinking Rytis. :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe those having a hard time getting their fish to spawn can order some from you. :lol: :lol: this pair looks good dont change it back. if you breed the turk with the yellow pigeon you will get some heavily peppered crap. now I know whats coming. you love peppering ? right ? :wink: on a more serious note keep this pair, let them spawn in the same tank till you see wrigglers, then next round move them to another tank, and keep the yellow away.

nicholas76
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 04:14 AM
underated fish the good old turq! isnt it.

you cant beat a nice big old school turquise discus

taksan
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 09:52 AM
hmm, i have lots of stuff spraypainted in my tank... never had problem other then plecos scraping it off..., i let it sit in other water for a couple of days, its just plastic really...

instead of paint i could just use color tint, but i like the angle effect of spraying from the top...

Why don't you try pouring the paint into the water .... you might be able to get a nice colored water effect ... but if you don't like it its simple to get rid of just dilute it with Turpentine spirits
8-)

marg
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 10:27 AM
Taksan,

That is not nice :evil: :evil: :evil: !!!.

Marg.
President of the Rytis Fan Club :lol: :lol: :lol:

samir
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 10:32 AM
Why don't you try pouring the paint into the water .... you might be able to get a nice colored water effect ... but if you don't like it its simple to get rid of just dilute it with Turpentine spirits
8-)
:lol: :lol: Rytis make sure its water based otherwise you wont get an even look.

marg
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 11:00 AM
Samir,

You are as bad as Taksan :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Leave the boy alone :lol: :lol: .,

Marg.

mcloughlin2
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 01:06 PM
You could also try pouring the different coloured paint in different directions to create the sense of "living in a rainbow" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding mate.... :lol:

marg
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 02:39 PM
We're getting really creative now!!

Marg.

nicholas76
Fri Jun 30, 2006, 02:46 PM
hmmmmm which leeds me to the dilemma

what colour should you do the parthenon pillars?? traditional chalk white or do we bring it through the ages to modern day???

thats a hard one :?

Bronx19
Sun Jul 02, 2006, 01:50 AM
I love the fish in his avatar, priceless.