PDA

View Full Version : FS: 6x2.5X2.5 foot Tank and Heritage Cabinet [$900 gotogo!]

nornicle
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 05:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/nornicle/plants/01-18.jpg

This is the tank as it was 1 year ago (its 32" tall not 30"). Since then, I've taken up a job and finished uni and have no time to manage it, so the plants have not been maintained/sculpter or kept well. I want to sell it so that

My parents can reclaim 6X2.5 foot worth of living room space
I'm getting married and need cash/need to move out
My parents dont want to look after my toys :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/nornicle/cabinet.jpg
under normal lighting

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/nornicle/cabinet2.jpg
flash

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/nornicle/lids.jpg
the lids are not your normal 'lift off' lids, they are sliding lids which are unique and VERY useful on a tank of this size.

Bracing is all 12mm glass some tank makers use lighter glass because its cheaper to brace with, but not this tank maker. In fact the tank was made in QLD by a trusted tank maker, and the cabinet was built by a cabinet maker.

It's a heritage style cabinet and is 800mm off the ground (most cabs are a standard 600mm off the ground)

Now I paid around $2k for both the tank and cabinet and no accessories, but I'm willing to sell the lot with the light tubes, and an extra Dalbarb 6ft fitting with 2 X 3ft tubes (which can be used as a 'work light' when the hood is off)

Included in the purchase price $1000 is the tank, the cabinet, 8 light tubes (4 X 4ft (Arcadia Marine White and Hagen Powerglo) and 4 X 2ft of the same) you will have to provide your own lighting), the gravel, 1 X 250 watt Jager heater and 1 X 300watt heater.

ready to go.

Richard

Randwick/ Sydney/ Australia

nornicle@gmail.com
0412 588 389

sorry to note but unless you organise transport PICKUP only.

elvip
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 08:35 AM
Hi
I have sent you a pm
Thanks
Elvip

Proteus
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 08:56 AM
For anyone interested that is a great price.

I have just had 3 tanks and furniture built new, one of which is exactly the same as what is being sold here and the retail price well and truly exceeds $2000 for that tank alone.

nornicle
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 11:01 AM
thanks guys, it is a damn cheap price... i'll give you a call tomorrow elvira should be find to come over and have a look see, you might even beable to make it SLS for a quick shop before coming over!!! (its about 5 minute away from me)

gcdiscus
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 12:42 PM

I have just had 3 tanks and furniture built new, one of which is exactly the same as what is being sold here and the retail price well and truly exceeds $2000 for that tank alone.

$2000 for the tank alone??? I agree this is a nice tank and stand, well worth a grand but $2000 for the tank alone is a discredit to the sale as it is such a bull#^%& thing to say. To think you may pay $2k, well that is just silly for a tank that size unless they are gonna throw in a few royals and a fx5

Proteus
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 12:56 PM
Please read the post a little more carefully, and unless you have something constructive to add, don't reply.

For that tank alone referred to the complete set up of that same size tank, and I gaurantee you wont get a tank, cabinet, quad lighting strip, complete filtration system with pump and 36w UV for anywhere near that price for the same quality.

Given that the tank for sale came complete with other accessories, the direct comparison was valid, your reply and smart comment will be read for what it is.

samir
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
i think he meant 2k for the tank and cabinet, 1k is a great price, i would pick it up if i had the space.

Diamond
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 11:07 PM

proteus, i think he read your post as 2 parts.

nornicle
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 11:24 PM
its still available i'd rather a hobbyist have it but i think I'm going to have to list it on the trading post

I've had 2 offers only to be a) wife got angry about it and b) couldnt afford freight to Newcastle ($470)

Proteus
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 11:29 PM
proteus, i think he read your post as 2 parts

Regardless, the smart comments which have been edited out were not required. Making a comment that the tank that is being sold plus the one which I have are not worth anything more than $1000 is ridiculous.

On another note, the terms of use for this topic area are pretty straight forward...

This Classifieds area is for the buying and selling of aquarium related items only.

Questions in regards to items are welcomed, yet opinions, comments, etc from this point in time are not permitted.

Replies violating this request will be removed, and access to this forum will be removed for the user in question.

If you have nothing good to say or contribute, then dont say anything.

Thank you

In regards to the tank for sale, if you can get the same quality for anywhere near $1000 or $1500 (this includes the furniture as well of course) you are very lucky.

marg
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 11:47 PM
Proteus is right gcdiscus.

If I had a spare $1000.00 I'd gladly part with it for a tank of that quality.

There is an old saying : "If you havent' got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Proteus has been in the Fish game long enough to know what he is talking about.

Marg.

Diamond
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 11:52 PM
i got my 5x2x28'(12mm glass), plus eheim 2260, all gravel, two fluval 404, 6 external ballast 4ft tubes, 2 jager heaters, cabinet,hood, those huge driftwood,airpumps and lots of accessories for only $450! that was 2nd hand though but running like new in the dining room!:)

nornicle
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 01:32 AM
wow so much controversy...

I hope it stirs some publicity...

btw I'm throwing in 2 peppermint bristlenose into the deal to sweeten it.

elvip
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 06:25 AM
I have viewed this tank and thought it was a great tank and great value for $1000; it would be well worth more than this if you had to buy it new. I just wish that I had the space for it!
Nornicle may I also suggest listing it in ebay - as you may have some luck selling it there.
Cheers
Elvip :D

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 06:29 AM
nornicle that is a fantastic price! i dont think you need to sweeten the deal but now its even better!

poeple i dont think you are taking into account the fact that not every tank maker does this sort of a job. that is a large tank! the tank requires a very large base to begin with, plus the side panels which have to be very thick.

the furniture looks fantastic and has to be able to withstand the weight, plus it is a cabinet which costs even more!

if people arent convinced go and get a quote on this sort of tank and furniture. you wont get much change... if any from $2000!

ellwa
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 07:58 AM
That is an awsome tank.

And a steal at only a grand.

My floors wouldnt withstand that amount of water, and mum wouldnt tolerate the bills, or the time to feed it...
plants and fish.

wow!

vince
Tue Jun 20, 2006, 07:10 AM
aboselutely amazing deal.

I would just have some silver sand and couple logs.

even only with water, it will look good..

good luck for the sales, mate!

nornicle
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 08:54 AM
Bump

$1000 including a Eheim 2217 (about 4 years old and hasn't missed a beat)

nornicle
Fri Sep 15, 2006, 05:37 AM
still available guys! moving out in a month

DiscusMad
Fri Sep 15, 2006, 01:11 PM
it sux having no cash and living in a rential house that wouldn't support that weight of that good luck wiht your sale nornicle

nornicle
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 12:37 AM
$900 incl 4 X 40 watt ballasts + 2217 + bags of black gravel mixed with brown gravel to cover the tank