PDA

View Full Version : melbourne water cloudy?

Nathan
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 07:06 AM
today i did a water change and i noticed that the water coming out of the taps was really cloudy, i did a ph an ammo test and they both were fine.

im just wondering if anyone else found the same thing? or if not if they have any reasoning behind it?

thanx a lot

Ben
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 02:13 PM
Hi Nathan,

my water is crystal clear mate, i am only 15 minutes down the road from you.

Keep us posted

Ben

ashley
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 08:16 PM
Hi Nathan,

I'm in the area and no problems here,
Perhaps the boys have been working on the main pipes. close to your home.
The water does cloud up when they do work, I have seen it happen here a few times in the last 20 odd years, not very often.
It will probably only be a bit of dirt residue. and will probably clear in a day or two.

Ashley

Nathan
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 11:11 PM
well ill have to do another w/c today so ill check if the waters ok, yea i was thinkn maybe they have been doin some work nearby on the pipes or somethn.

ill let u know if its the same today, if so ill call up the water services

*Chris*
Sun Jun 11, 2006, 12:44 AM
happens all the time over this way , most of the time it comes from the hot water tap though

Nathan
Sun Jun 11, 2006, 05:01 AM
well the water seems fine today, i was just curous if anyone else had noticed it, thanx for the comments.

take care

Bill T.
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 12:32 AM
It's probably just air. Let the water stand in a glass for an hour & I bet it goes clear.

Nathan
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 12:37 AM
thats quite possible bill t. My taps make such a bad sound when i turn them on because air is stuck in the pipes, however the water hasnt been cloudy like that before. anyway its all good now

Bill T.
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
Noting a quick trip to Bunnings can't solve. You can get one of those water hammer preventers - takes the "pulse" out of your water pipes.

Nathan
Tue Jun 13, 2006, 06:52 AM
yea thats exactly what it sounds like, like really deep pulsing sound.
wouldnt have thought id be able to get info on plumbing on this forum aswel, thanx Bill

Bad Inferno
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 06:06 AM
I ahve noticed the KH has gone up in my tap water over the last few weeks

endeavour hills