PDA

View Full Version : do my discus look healthy?

rytis
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 07:54 PM
do my discus look healthy? coz many people here keep saying theyre ugly and look unhealthy, but people that see them in my house all say they look very good, so im not sure...

Brilliant
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 08:33 PM
I think there is a difference of opinions between Discusheads and common folk.

If I were to show my fish to anyone off the street they would amazed. If I were to show them to lets say Jack Wattley...there may be a slight difference there...you see what I mean?

I still dont even know how large a Discus should be so I wont even comment. I am almost like one of those common folk....

rytis
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 08:38 PM
whos Jack Wattley?

Brilliant
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 08:45 PM
whos Jack Wattley?

A Discus breeder really popular in Singapore, so Ive been told. He is from the US and helped the hobby catching wilds from South America.

That isnt the point tho....I am really suprised you dont know who that is.

Joe
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 09:34 PM
Like a young basketball player asking who's Michael Jordan?!?!?! That's ok though...if the discus appear healthy (i.e. don't hide and attack the glass at feedings) I'm sure they are fine!

mcloughlin2
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 12:20 AM
The discus in that photo look healthy and happy..

But you have taken the comments made the wrong way, they were being made towards the quality of some of the fish and there suitability for breeding... :wink:

The comments made in the threads in the "Breeding Section" were made for concern of the adult pair IMO..

Maybe if you post a picture of each of your discus it would help us determine whether they look healthy..

But comments towards quality should not be taken to heart..

(PS, Jack Wattley is probably the most famous and wide known
discus breeder)

HTH

Brilliant
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 03:39 PM
LMAO I love the avatar!!!
ROFL

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 04:50 PM
Rytis, you've shown you've got a great sense of humour and know how to laugh at yourself.

That's something we value very highly in Australia so I'm going to make you an honorary Aussie. 8-)

Good on ya mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

samir
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 05:34 PM
I'll second that and give you your new citizenship tshirt, hehehe

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Rytis, the green tshirt looks good on you. :P

Did you and mum enjoy the football :D:D:D:D:D:D

Brilliant
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 07:50 PM
OMG these pictures are soo funny. Can we make one with them in spacesuits floating in space?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Astronaut-EVA.jpg

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 10:51 PM
And Pink T SHirts?

Marg.

samir
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 02:24 AM
did you mean this one ???
sorry marg no pink tshirts in space :lol: attracts the martians

rytis
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 02:54 AM
i like the one near discus pet shop best, the first one... what program are u using? photoshop? i emailed first two to my mom

samir
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 03:28 AM
i like the one near discus pet shop best, the first one... what program are u using? photoshop? i emailed first two to my mom
thanks rytis, just a little correction, its not a fish shop, its the sydney opera house :D lol. its photoshop

marg
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 03:31 AM
Aaaaww c'mon Samir, Pink is a hot colour - besides, they might be friendly little green men!!

Marg.

rytis
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 04:14 AM
thanks rytis, just a little correction, its not a fish shop, its the sydney opera house :D lol. its photoshop
can u make me look like discus?

samir
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 07:26 AM
how's this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hehehehe someone's very good with photoshop and has waaaaaay too much time on his hands :wink:

How about giving us struggling photoshop devotees a few tips to make our photos look better Samir.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 07:59 AM
mate your my auzzi idol of the year! when are you doing stand up on the gold coast?

samir
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 08:17 AM
:lol: hehehe it only takes me a couple of minutes on photoshop for a pic :lol: regarding pictures, i believe its more the quality of the lens on the camera,lighting and a knack for composition, theres not much I can do in photoshop to fix a really bad picture, take a look at my pictures for example, i'm embarrased to even post them. everyone here takes better pictures than me. :) :lol:

RichVic
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 10:10 AM
Ten out of ten samir - Really like your work!!

rytis
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 01:55 PM
how's this :lol: :lol: :lol:
hmm thats interesting, i would like to pause the one in the middle, but dont know how...