PDA

View Full Version : Ageing water

savrocca
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 11:54 AM
Hi, I was wondering is it very important to age water, by letting it sit for a day, before it is put in the tank durring water changes? Does everyone do this?

I am asking this because when i do water changes, i simply put water in a bucket, add some declorinator and put the water in the tank. Am i harming my fish by doing this?

savrocca
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 12:04 PM
Also i was concerned that since i am puting the declorinator in the water. And then puting the water in the tank a few minutes later, the declorinator may not have enough time to take effect, and then i would be adding chlorine to my tank. How fast does declorinator work?

mcloughlin2
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 12:23 PM
Alot of people have the water in large drums (200L+) and they have a powerhead filter in there along with a heater so they just have to scoop a bucket of water out when needed..

I however do it the same way as you, but i generally let the water sit for 15mins or so if im changing more then 30% :wink:

HTH

sammigold
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 12:37 PM
I put the dechlorinater in, swirl it around and then pop the bucket straight in the tank... that is the way I have always done it for all my tanks and have never had a problem... :-)

samir
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 12:55 PM
i do the same and not had a problem. the better way would be to let it age