PDA

View Full Version : hello !!

leck85
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 03:53 AM
forgot to introduce myself :arrow: anyways :arrow: i dont have any discus yet.. hope i can get some in a month or 2

i currently have about 20 bettas, 4 convicts, 4 croaking gouramis, 6 kribensis, and couple cories and a platy...

hoping to get a big tank on a trip to seattle and eventually get some discus..

im 18/m from BC canada.. not that any of u care :twisted:

Proteus
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 02:13 PM
Welcome to DF.com

Nice part of the world you herald from... was there 9 months ago, and will probably be back there in 10-12 weeks time...

(I have family in Maple Ridge)

:wink:

leck85
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 08:52 PM
i live in pitt meadows.. which u might know is like 2 mins from maple ridge.

Proteus
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 11:27 PM
Just up the Lougheed Hwy (Hwy 7 if I remember correctly)

My Family used to live in Coquitlam before moving inland a bit...

tis a small world hey!!!

leck85
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 11:46 PM
yep.. pitt meadows is right in between coquitlam and maple ridge..

its a really small (as i like to call it) hick town..

1 main road basically... we have a 711 and a mcdonalds and thats about it....

if you were on lougheed coming from coquitlam to maple ridge you will see Harris road.. mcdonalds is right there.. and thats pitt meadows

Annie
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 03:07 AM
Welcome to the board..and no discus yet?? Well, I am sure the craving will only get worse the longer you are here. It will be one tank, then two, then three,....four LOL...seriously...welcome. :)

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 10:00 AM
Welcome Leck85. Hope you enjoy your time with us. Lots of good info here.

kalebjarrod
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 11:02 AM
welcome

great place to be

and looks like proteus has got a place to stay over thier when his family moves without telling him........ LOL

Proteus
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 12:14 PM
actually, that wouldnt surprise me...

:lol:

Annie
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 07:23 AM
I have a feeling that Proteus would have a place to stay in just about any place on the globe! :)
:P But I really hope that his family would not run out on him :shock: ...but at least he always has the "just in case places to go to".. :wink:

Proteus
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 10:56 AM
what do you mean would not run out on me...

they have been running for donkeys years...

I am an infectious soul...

Mwhahaha

hey, can I swim in your tank???

kalebjarrod
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 11:50 AM
of course thier running hes still in sydney and thier in canada,

thats sounds like thier not only running but they can also swim like ........ discus

Annie
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 09:15 PM
what do you mean would not run out on me...

they have been running for donkeys years...

I am an infectious soul...

Mwhahaha

hey, can I swim in your tank???

Of course you can swim with my fishies..They would love the company, but give me time...there will be more room in the 180 than in the 55... :wink:

And Just as a suggestion: You should have at least a "tarzan cover" on when you swim, my fishies seem to "peck" on things when playing with others. They are just such fun! :P

ahsan
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 11:49 AM
hey what does this thing means ,, forum moderator , global moderator , Wriggler , snake skin etc etc ,, what does it show

and annie why dont you make it 280 so that i could consider a jump in as well ,
ahsan

Proteus
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 12:00 PM
Some of you may have noticed some new "Mods" onboard, plus some regulars with new titles (they have had Moderator access since the site launched.)

This will be uniform across all the ADN sites.

There will be 3 levels of staff.

Forum Moderator

Members of this team focus on the moderation responsibilities and general well being of a specific website, and ensuring that preset guidelines are met.

Global Moderator

Members of this team have moderator roles on several ADN websites, performing the same roles as mentioned above.

Administrator

Pyrowolf, myself, and a few other admins on various sites, however only Pyrowolf and myself have this role on all ADN websites.

The overall role of all members in each of these groups is to build and ensure the success of these forums as an individual identity, and as part of a greater network of websites/forums.

Thank you.

flukes
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 12:04 PM
The strains of discus are just a rank, it is determend by your number of posts.