PDA

View Full Version : not eating and not much movement

desertdiscus
Thu Jun 08, 2006, 02:02 AM
My discus has stopped eating. For the last 4 day, he has only been eating flake and refusing everything else. I dosed the tank with metro on Sunday. I do water changes every 3rd day Temp. in the 55 gal. tank is 33. He is very dark and staying off by himself. The ph is 7.5. Ammonia is 0. However, he does occasional scrape against plants. Should I separate in a 20 gal. and medicate at this point? What medication? Prazi?

I have received great advice in the past from here. I would really appreciate some Ideas on this one.

Thanks,

Jim

Simone
Thu Jun 08, 2006, 02:39 AM
Jim if you dosed with metro on sunday you should have done a 30% waterchange on monday :shock: , metro actually spikes your ammonia so if you havent done one already do a 30 - 50% w/c immediatly, and then finish the treatment of the metro, dose then 12hrs later 30% w/c, then re-dose, for 3-5 days, well thats what i do, maybe im wrong but HTH :lol:

desertdiscus
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the reply and advice. Finally, I separated him in a 10 gal. tank. The temp. is 33 and he is moving around a bit. I medicated it with metro and will wait to do water change in 12 hours (50%) I will try to feed him at that time as well. There is another in the main tank eating very little and not moving around much. I am not sure its the same situation or he is nervous because I netted his buddy. Will monitor and update you later.

Thanks again!!

Jim

Simone
Tue Jun 13, 2006, 04:46 AM
Hope the little fella gets betta Jim! :)

Definetly keep us posted!

Bill T.
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 12:36 PM
Hmmmmm........one crook fish is a dissapointment. Two crook fish is concerning. How long have you had these fish for? Any new fish in the system lately? Any white pooh? I'm sure someone will want to know all your water parameters, so why not take some readings now.