PDA

View Full Version : help,,,

Inspiringfish
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 09:54 PM
Will you guys and girls please check under illness and medications and comment on the topics; "sunken tummy" and "fin splits/rot."

Don't mean to be a pest,, You have a ton of wisdom, and I could use some help.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

*Chris*
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 09:00 AM
hey i work at A.I without seeing the fish its pretty hard to diagnose but splitting of the fins and a sunken stomach usually points to hexmita which is a gut parasite. the fin fungus is probably just a secondary infection rather than the cause ill have a quick look to see what will cure it

*Chris*
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 09:16 AM
well hexamita if thats what it is is an intestinal flaglette the symptoms are : the fish isolates itself from others, emaciated , excrete slimy or white faeces , darken there collaration and often swim backwards .
if the fish is a discus most likely it is spironucleus would be the culprate same symptoms .
the cure is metronidazole, flagyl one tablet to 50 litres of water should do it .
treatment takes about five days take carbon out of filters of course hope it works
good luck
A.I*FISHBOY

rytis
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 09:37 AM
my advice for the love of discus: is set up a heavily planted tank with bright lights, co2 system and make it so plants grow on top of a shelf so discus can hide from light underneath and have only a few fish

i have the same rule in 3 of my planted tanks (smallest one 76gallon without co2 holds only 5 angels)

that's i think why my fish are so happy: because i do not overpopulate them as so many do: loving fish dont mean you keep getting more, it means loving what you have...
i have only 8 discuses, 1 pleco in my heavily planted 265gallon (1,000 liter) and 2-4 discuses in my 125gallon heavily planted

that is called love for the fish, and in return they don't get sick on me.

bushie
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 10:21 AM
no offence, but I think you need to deal with your own parasites before preaching to others.
and I do mean that in the nicest possible way........for the love of discus.

rytis
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 12:24 PM
no offence, but I think you need to deal with your own parasites before preaching to others.
and I do mean that in the nicest possible way........for the love of discus.
here we go again....maybe it's my sig :roll:

Inspiringfish
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 12:48 PM
BUshi and Rytis; You 2 behave. I got to admit, considering your communications on previous postings,,, I got a good chuckle out of your comments. Not sure if they helped me but I got a good chuckle. :lol: :lol: You 2 be good now.

Thank you A 1; Someone commented on "sunken Tummy". I'm gonna combine the 2. I'll try the epson salt (24 hr treatment) and if that doesn't work I'll dose with Metro. (seems to be a good cure, I've dosed 3 times in my short fish hobby and has worked).

Please let me know if I'm off track, otherwise, I'll treat as indicated/recommeded.

Thank you!!!!!!