PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2

Jeroen
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 09:45 PM
Time to reveal stage 2
Got the plants in 4 days ago and they look wonderfull...nice strong/healty colored plants.

Also I bought a fertilizer automat, this will ad a certain amount of fertilizer to the water every day.

Jeroen

Jeroen
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 11:56 PM
Some other pics

Nathan
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 01:11 AM
that tank looks absolutely fantastic, u should be very happy. are there any more stages we should be watchn for?

Nathan
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 02:52 AM
may i ask what the background is made out of?

also what type of lighting are you using?

sammigold
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 05:19 AM
I must say, your tank is stunning!!!!
Is that a stingray... how big is it? and does it live with the discus??
Wow!!

Robdog
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 07:38 AM
That's looking awesome already. Should look fantastic when the plants fill out.
Well done

Ben
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 09:36 AM
Great tank with excellent fish mate!

Keep the pics comming!
regards
Ben

Jeroen
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 09:54 AM
Nathan:

Ofcourse there will come more stages
atleast when plants start to grow wild
maybe I will add one more piece of wood
I have a moonlight setup that I need to install to the tank (hope I can make pics from that)
I will add 50 cardinal tetra's to the tank
I intend to photograph my 2 Panaque's (L191)

The background is just some structure pieces, something like juwel (the german brand) http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/de/strukturrckwnde56.htm
The one I have is a unknown brand and is not black but brown (see pic for better detail)

Sammigold:

Lightning is at this moment just made of 3 TL tubelights
1 Arcadia | Tropical light
2 unknown brand | Triton
3 Sera | Plant color

all 3 are 58 watt each, a 4th Tube light will be connecte soon, and then I will also replace the cover/hood by new ones
Normally these hoods are made of wood (or else) covered with glass on the inside so they won't bend (heat, damp)
I want to replace them by new ones which are coverd with mirror inside, this will give me twice as much light
There is a picture added of the lights (nothing spectacular to see....but maybe it give you some more info)

Sammi:

Yes that is a stingray, I have 2 (male and female)
Discsize is now about 11 cm, the live without problems with discus, also the bigger ones you can hold without problems with discus
Check this site www.freshwaterstingray.nl there you will find some pictures of stingrays with 40 a 50 cm discsize and discus in one tank.

Robdog:

Thanks....I can't wait myself for the plants to fill out, as soon it does a picture update will be posted.

Ben:

Pics will keep on comming ;-)

Have posted some other pics how it looks under the tank (little messy ;-))
Jeroen

Jeroen
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 10:02 AM
First picture is showing:

spare Co2 bottle
outlet from tank to filter system
VSA montagd to the bottom of the tank, they get pretty warm and this way the heat will be absorbed by the tank...no heat will be lost

Picture two is the main Co2 setup, at this moment I am not using it, somehow every time I use it the discus go pretty much into stress...
The Co2 is Ph controlled and shoot give not to much Co2 to the tank, I recently have balanced the ph measure stick...have to figure out what is wrong with it.

Jeroen

Nathan
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 11:02 AM
thanx for the reply jeroen, someday i hope to own a tank like yours, i absolutely love it

Jeroen
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 07:47 PM
You're welcome...
I have been having problems with my tank(s) many times and where never satisfied with it....now I wanted to do things different and everytime when I saw a nice tank I ask myself WHAT does make this tank look so nice ?

plant combination (colors, leaf size, structure, way they were grouped etc)
Color of light
Tank size
Color of the fishes vs plants

I am conviced that each piece of wood has a ugly side, but also a nice side....I noticed that a few inches to left or right can make a world of difference...so I started with the wood and turned it around/upside down for hundred times untill I found the best way to display that.

What I try to say is: try yourself what and why you like thing about a tank

To make a package of plants I have been on this website www.aquaplantsonline.nl and I looked for foreground, middle and background plants

I made a list of plants who where able to handle tempereatures of 28 or 30 degrees C
Ordered plants, sunk them to the bottom and moved them a little bit arround untill I liked the picture...that's how I came to what I have now

I hope this will help you to setup your dreamtank.

Jeroen

mcloughlin2
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 08:40 PM
Jeroen i have not had time to read through this whole thread yet, but will tonight but it already seems to be very informative.... :wink:

Jeroen
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 10:47 PM
Take your time.... ;-)
If you have any questions, pleas don't hecitate to ask.

Jeroen

Nathan
Sun Jun 25, 2006, 01:34 PM
im not 100% sure what language that is on the link but im positive i dont speak it. anyway just keep the pics coming

Jeroen
Mon Jun 26, 2006, 12:13 AM
It's dutch ;-)

dcarmau
Mon Jun 26, 2006, 12:23 AM
if in doubt, babelfish.altavista.com can probably translate it sufficiently!

Bad Inferno
Tue Jun 27, 2006, 11:21 AM
give us a pic of your fert doser...I purchased a perastaltic pump from ebay lasy year however not connected as yet.

cheers from Australia rob

ellwa
Tue Jun 27, 2006, 11:39 AM
give us a pic of your fert doser...I purchased a perastaltic pump from ebay lasy year however not connected as yet.

cheers from Australia rob
i second that motion
i would like to set one up myself...

DiscusMad
Tue Jun 27, 2006, 05:45 PM
that link is great love the monster tank 33 foot wide and 20 foot depth and the water height is 5,5 foot