PDA

View Full Version : PIC REQUEST: advisors tanks

Nathan
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 12:46 PM
hey guys, im just wondering if any of the advisors would like to post some pics of there tanks as id love to see them, an perhaps borrow some ideas?

if you dont feel like it no worries, just that id love to see some of the advisors tanks and im sure a lot of other ppl on the forum would to.

anyway take care everyone

DR.V
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 01:11 PM
What a great idea. I wanna see them too.

taksan
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 01:46 PM
I'm sure you would ..... 8-)

Proteus
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 11:36 PM
I will post some pics after my upcoming move later this week, and I will also post a series of install pics setting everything up.

Should be fun given that one tank is over 1100L and four others are over 700L (plus quite a few small tanks up to 250L)

Nathan
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 01:09 AM
thanx for the interest guys, really looking forward to some pictures

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 06:07 AM
lol ill try get some up soon.....

Robdog
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 07:33 AM
(plus quite a few small tanks up to 250L)

I didn't think the words "small" and "250L" should be allowed in the same sentence.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 10:32 AM
250L and discus isnt really that much. sure its a big tank but with discus you need large tanks!

Nathan
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 11:00 AM
GP is right, but 250l is still pretty big to me, my largest tank ive ever owned is 150l :oops: . oh well someday ill get a big tank

nicholas76
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 12:10 PM
Ive just got my 460 liter up and running!

ive been trying to take pics for the past two days but i get nothing but blurs and crappy images arrrgh

10 ml curved glass with these strong fluros are not great for photography ! lol

Ben
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 12:17 PM
is that a bacteria that hatched there Nick?

nicholas76
Mon Jun 05, 2006, 12:46 PM
not in my tank lol

taksan
Tue Jun 06, 2006, 09:18 AM
(plus quite a few small tanks up to 250L)

I didn't think the words "small" and "250L" should be allowed in the same sentence.

My god 250L isn't big to me .... I start thinking "big" at about 750 litres and to me really "BIG" isn't below 2000 litres.

Proteus
Tue Jun 06, 2006, 10:09 AM
ok, rub it in....

RichVic
Tue Jun 06, 2006, 10:57 AM
Great idea !
I've often wondered what tanks established longer than a couple of months look like. Hey Taksan, Aren't you a photographer by profession? You've probably got heaps to post ! & ladyred must have lots of tanks -are there
only red strains in them? cant wait to see. Great idea!! well done

taksan
Tue Jun 06, 2006, 11:01 AM
Great idea !
I've often wondered what tanks established longer than a couple of months look like. Hey Taksan, Aren't you a photographer by profession? You've probably got heaps to post ! & ladyred must have lots of tanks -are there
only red strains in them? cant wait to see. Great idea!! well done

Not going to happen ...... ever

Merrilyn
Tue Jun 06, 2006, 11:11 AM
Hi Vic, Taksan has taken some gorgeous photos of my tanks. He makes them look more wonderful than they actually are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lots of the photos are already on the forum, but I'll try to kid him into posting some more :wink:

RichVic
Sun Jun 11, 2006, 07:50 AM
Hey Taksan ! Waddaya mean? never gonna happen? Why not - Come on don't go all COY on me - you have shared enough written, balance it out by sharing a bit of visual guidance - as a service to the discus community LOL
you can't be shy about your tanks - impossible.
We may have to play dirty & come around disguised as a jehova witness (no offence to anyone!) otherwise
BTW
I had a look at some peoples "personal albums" but they come up not created yet?
I have no digital camera ATM - killed the battery which was supposed to be rechargable- by leaving everything overnight on as I tried to upload pictures etc. anyway I'll sort it out during the school holidays when I take a break.
Thanks ladyred, I have come across a few of yours and they look great ! but then I read that you have THIRTY tanks! and wandered what they were like?

*Chris*
Sun Jun 11, 2006, 12:42 PM
now now sometimes all a man has is secrecy im sure ladyred can convince him to let a few pictures slip :roll:
cant you ladyred :D

RichVic
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 10:23 PM
Hey A.1 Fish-boy,
You're a friend of his, take in a secret camera next visit and when he's off making coffee etc snap a few- Clearly he's too modest ! to show his tanks
He did post some nice shots of fish - but the shots were all close-ups of the fish! LOL

taksan
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 02:54 PM
I post a few select photos of specific fish ..... thats all you will ever see. There are reasons for this which given enough time you will understand.

kalebjarrod
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:17 PM
I post a few select photos of specific fish ..... thats all you will ever see. There are reasons for this which given enough time you will understand.

ie: they are yet to make a camera with a wide enough lens to encompase his entire tank

:wink:

just jokes