PDA

View Full Version : OAFI Geo Liquid

tbcha1
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 09:16 AM
Hi was wondering if any one know if you geo liquid u need to also add water conditioner when you do water changes? Im not talking about for discus as i know they do like softer water but in general. Basically does it have some type of elements in it to condition the water.

taksan
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 09:24 AM
IMHO Geo liquid does absolutely nothing at all

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 10:47 AM
geo liquid apparently neutralises chlorine. in my oppinion i wouldnt trust it. i have found it to do very little for my fish and just burn a very large hole in my wallet.

you would be better off getting some seachem prime etc. much better product and works wonders :D

vince
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 04:35 AM
I am with you, goldenpigeon.

There are so many " pure marketing" stuff around.

I have tried many types of Geo Liquid.....all did very little or...nothing..to my fish.

My advice is if you want to get rid of chlorine, then use Sechem Prime.

If you want of ultimately filter your water, then use a good carbon filter.

If you want extra minerals, add seachem Multiminerals....

Never use a "all in one" stuff....they are too good to be true...and i tested them ...they are not that good^^

That is my comment. Different opinions are welcome

spencer
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 05:36 AM
Geo liquid doesnt neutralize chlorine, or claim too,although I use it together with Prime
I use it occasionally, I like it, so does the discus
cheers
Max

Edit
If you mean the Geo-solution from OAFI, I dont know, I have never used their brand

Edit again I am completely wrong ( from their website )

Because of GEO LIQUID, Chlorine Neutralizers, P.H. buffers, Slime Coating agents to protect fish from heavy metals, Spawning Aids, Bacteria Cultures, and all the other multitudes of chemical water treatments and conditioners have all become unnecessary

I thought they had changed that claim on their packaging, I have just emailed them