PDA

View Full Version : WTB (maybe depending on cost) : albino discus

Dave76
Wed May 31, 2006, 03:34 AM
Hi all

I'm hoping to obtain some decent size & quality albino discus to go with mine who I'm 90% sure is male & is getting frisky (opinions on sex appreciated)

So I was looking at obtaining either some semiadult/adult albinos or some first generation albino crosses where one parent was albino

Cheers

Dave

samir
Wed May 31, 2006, 04:34 AM
lovely fish dave. cant help with finding you a mate though

G-1000
Wed May 31, 2006, 09:58 AM
Thats a gorgeous albino with turk pattern!

You should be proud!

I have a female albino (i.e the one in my avatar) and yes, at the moment they do tend to cost a lot. In terms of importing them - I only know of SLS that gets albinos in. Maybe also contact cichlidfan (Allan) and see if he can do anything to help ya.

G

madaboutfish
Wed May 31, 2006, 05:21 PM
Hi Dave,

I saw 4 albino discus at Aquotix around the 3 - 4" size which were beyond my means. I think the asking price was $350 for one or $650 for 2. Those did not look as nice as yours though (not as much lines as yours). FYI

Nick

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 04:00 AM
Hi Dave,

I have a pair (Red Alenquer Albino's), 20 months old, they have bred twice but still young fish and still learning so the spawns aren't large numbers yet. I would consider selling them providing the price is right as they cost me a fair chunk of dough.
MAC

G-1000
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 04:19 AM
Oh MAC !

I remember your albinos - theyre bloody rippers !

What size spawns have you had from them so far ?

G

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 06:42 AM
Hi G 100,

I've had about 30 from the first lot and a second batch of around 40 odd.
MAC

Davo
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 12:15 PM
MAC,

Any pics of the albino's?

Thanks,

Dave.

mistakes r crucial
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 08:29 PM
There are pics already posted on this site somewhere. Don't have time to find them this morning but I'll look later.
MAC

Dave76
Fri Jun 02, 2006, 12:31 AM
Nick: I had a look at the Aquotix ones, wasn't overly impressed tho for the price they wanted...

MAC: Congrats on the success with yours, I'm more after a partner for mine rather than a pair....how big are the offspring from yours ?

I'll keep looking I guess :)

Cheers

Dave
Thanks all for the comments.

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jun 02, 2006, 01:15 AM
Nowhere big enough to sell yet.
MAC