PDA

View Full Version : Filtration for a 50 gallon

vgamer575
Wed May 31, 2006, 02:44 AM
I was wondering if a Eheim 2126 would be fine for a 50 gallon tank. Could I go with a little less filtration, and could someone explain how the whole heater in the filter thing works? Like do you still have to buy a heater and then put it in or is it already included and setup?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Waldo
Wed May 31, 2006, 09:07 PM
Canesters are a great source for filtration. I used 2 AquaClear 500's for my 55 when I was in my apartment and Just used sponges. I'm a big AC fan.

If your talking about the Tetra HOB filters with heaters they are sold seperatly. I beleive they stopped making them like 3 years ago because of problems. I've you've ever unplugged your HOB filter you'll notice the intake syphons the water out of it. This leaves a dry heating element in a plastic container. Bad stuff. In tank heaters are going to be your best bet until they figure out a way to turn off the heater if the filter runs dry.

taksan
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 01:01 AM
Ummmm a 2126 is going to be fine and you won't need a heater.

crazie.eddie
Thu Jun 08, 2006, 12:45 PM
I own a 2128. The 2128 and 2126 have heating rods on the bottom of the filter that heat up the water in the filter. There is a temp probe that you place inside your tank that is attached to a digital display that displays the temp of the water and also allows you to set the temp for the heater. They are a good model.

fantasticaqua
Mon Jun 19, 2006, 03:20 AM
Ehiem makes great filters, they last forever and a day!

Idisscusdiscus
Tue Jun 20, 2006, 06:11 PM
Sounds good to me. I have two Aquaclears on my 55 gallon, so I don't see why your filtration should not work. By the way, Ehiem is a nice brand for filtration