PDA

View Full Version : WTB Driftwood or Log XXXL size

Liverpool_pete
Tue May 30, 2006, 11:45 AM
Does anybody know where i can get some resonably priced large pieces of driftwood. I dont mind paying but not hundreads of dollars.

It would be for a 10 * 2 * 2 that i have just ordered.

I dont mind traveling so just about anywear within 3 hrs of sydney would be fine and for the right piece i may go further.

wassupi08
Tue May 30, 2006, 01:15 PM
hi, i have a large hollow driftwood. its about 140cm long x 20cm diameter. asking $60 firm.
located in hallam. email wassupi08@yahoo.com.au for pics
cheers
mike

(sorry just found out u were in sydney. if u ever come down....)

Xtreme
Wed May 31, 2006, 03:34 AM
Would these pieces be something along the lines of what you are after?
They are around 3ft high, maybe you could lay them down?

discus000
Wed May 31, 2006, 03:43 AM
Man !!!

That is one of the nicest driftwood i've come across!
How much would that cost to put in my tank??

Xtreme
Wed May 31, 2006, 04:02 AM
They are about $160 per piece, nice arn't they!
There are 6 available atm.

mcloughlin2
Wed May 31, 2006, 06:30 AM
Mate neptune aquarium has some very nice large pieces...they are not soaked ... :wink:

Would look great in a big enough tank... :P

Liverpool_pete
Wed May 31, 2006, 08:08 AM
I had a look at neptune. They are a bit to small for the size i am after. Thanks for the info.

beblou
Wed May 31, 2006, 10:57 PM
try st george aquarium on princess hwy rockdale, and ask if you can see the stuff out the back, they have thousands of pieces... not soaked though :cry:

Xtreme
Fri Jun 02, 2006, 05:44 AM
All driftwood is sold

RichVic
Sat Jun 03, 2006, 12:14 AM
Just a thought - How about 2 smaller pieces kinda laid over each other to look like a longer piece? often a strategically placed plant can hide the
"join" We hunted for a really long piece of driftwood for ages, but by the time the plants went in behind it, at one spot & in front further along, you couldn't tell the difference. Handling a really long piece was a bit of a nightmare as well - they dont bend and our tank had those bits of glass
which are siliconed across the depth of the tank etc. Also for the spring clean sessions moving a big piece, caused a lot of disturbance to the fish - the pleco had his nose scratched etc. Just a thought. HTH Vicki

Liverpool_pete
Sat Jun 03, 2006, 12:20 AM
Vicki

Thanks for the suggestion. I will still look around for a big bit but will keep your suggestion in mind as it looks like it is hard to get peices the size i am after.

Thanks
Peter

discus000
Sat Jun 03, 2006, 09:48 AM
Peter,
Have you tried Total Marine Aquarium
located @ heathcote Rd?
Last time i checked they had some really huge pieces.

Liverpool_pete
Sat Jun 03, 2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah
Brought some from there today.

Thanks for the info.