PDA

View Full Version : Trip to melbourne!!

redghan
Wed May 24, 2006, 05:15 AM
Hey im heading down to melbourne on friday 26th of may (to finally see the big aquarium).
Does anyone down there (who is on here) have any discus they want to sell or get rid of?? Id perfer younger discus. Im asking now cause last time i went i had offers after i came back.

Not sure what sort im after, open minded really so send me a msg or e-mail me at redghan@hotmail.com and we can try and organise something.

not after any diamond blues as i have enough of them already.
Will pay cash..lol...

Also has anyone herd of a shop called "All aquarium supplys" i got told to look in Springvale or around that area?

regards
Redghan

wickedglass
Wed May 24, 2006, 07:02 AM
all pet and aquarium supplies in dunoon court mulgrave ... the shop has been sold recently and Heinz is no longer there, to my knowledge. I haven't been there since it got sold so I don't know what state the business is in at the moment.

RichVic
Wed May 24, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hi there fellow gippslander
When I've gone hunting discus in town, I've had a lot of luck with the guy at Oakleigh Aquaium Fish importer check out the website www.oafi.cjb.net
New Discus arrive every 2-3 weeks and his prices are wholesale.
Also there's Melb.Tropical fish imports 41-43 Sinclair Rd Dandenong, but he's only there some days and then only after midday I'll pm his mobile when I find it - both have nice fish from $25- $30- for little ones. HTH Vicki

redghan
Wed May 24, 2006, 10:06 AM
hey,
Thanks for the reply chris. Ill head there a cheack it out on friday, if i dont spend all day at the aquiarium.. How are your Cacs going?
any good shops near the Melbourne aquirum i should make an effet to look at? Basicly can go anywhere that is worth a look.

Richvic, yes ive been to Mac's i got my diamond blues from him, and also some supper reds all are turning into very nice fish. As for the guy in Sinclair rd, ive been there twice and never caught him there, but i might try my luck on the way back home.

Thanks guys.
Redghan

cactusboy
Wed May 24, 2006, 10:27 AM
Drop into Subscape on Victoria St, Richmond. They have a good range of fish for sale. They also have a nice display tank with beautiful Altum angels and a Lungfish in the other display.

The guy in Sinclair Rd has a 15% sale on discus at the moment. I think he has a range of about 10 different strains from memory. Some of his fish were a bit small, but nice fish.

wickedglass
Wed May 24, 2006, 11:02 AM
hey red,
I had to get a new male, for some reason my males have been dying off. I got one from fishy business on maroondah highway in nunawading recently, though. as for city vicinity aquariums, there's also upmarket aquarium on queen street right at vic market, they're nice to deal with.
all pet and aquarium supplies have minimal discus, as the previous owner (heinz) was more into the african riftlake scene, and south american cichlids. If you're looking for discus, you won't find much there. however there's usually apistogrammas there of all kinds. but like I said, I'm not sure what the new people are doing, I've heard all sorts of things, so I think I might go there and check.
the melbourne aquarium is cool, check out the cuttlefish. my girlfriend and I have a habit of sitting in front of the cuttlefish tank for a couple of hours when we go, to watch them change colour and shapes. we're off to whyalla next week to scubadive and watch the cuttlefish spawning frenzy that happens there every year (can you tell we like the cuttles?).
also if you send dwarf fish a forum message, I think he has baby discus for sale, too

RichVic
Thu May 25, 2006, 04:51 AM
I've pm'd the mobile number for Dashell - the man at Sinclair st, dandenong He's mainly by appointment. He comes & goes sometime each day after 12 but wont hang around on the off-chance someone will stop by. Definetly ring first. Also, open on Sundays, for your trip back home, there's World of pets at 84-88 Hallam South Road Hallam which is a good browse. Vicki