PDA

View Full Version : XoticAquatix.com (USA)

Waldo
Wed May 24, 2006, 01:30 AM
I just would like to thank the DiscusForums.com admins for providing an ethical place where fish and information are exchanged without spamming and popups!

I'd like to contribute my list to members here stateside. If your interested in our lists for importing directly just let me know.

Price list is here.

www.ABettas.com/HIP.htm

Our website is changing. I will have a new URL shortly stay tuned.

Waldo
Sun May 28, 2006, 10:56 PM
Brand new list is up for Peru and Brazil.

Th0mas
Mon May 29, 2006, 12:34 AM
Are those prices of apisto for each or per box??

Even for each, that's about 10-20% of what we paid for down here.

And those L-numbers :shock: ....... oh well thanks for the teaser.

Thomas.

Waldo
Mon May 29, 2006, 12:46 AM
There are a few fish I would stay away from unless you are experienced in keeping the wild kind. Apisto's would be better off from Dave. They have been aclimated already. That price is ea.
Lots of L# that would go good thouhg. This list is great for someone planning on selling them or breeders who want some stock. Fish clubs and stores are also welcome to tag along with some nice kickbacks.

Th0mas
Mon May 29, 2006, 01:11 AM
Yep, great concept indeed - but as we all know our Government down under will not allow the L# through. As for other permissible imports, they'll need to be exported (to the government) from a registered exporter while we need to line up certified quarantine facility for two weeks (something most hobbists don't have).

I'm certain there are many down here happy to join in, but our government regulation means it will not be possible :cry:

Thomas.

Waldo
Mon May 29, 2006, 01:21 AM
I have proper licenses and am also an OFI member if you want to pass word to your importers or want to shoot for importing yourself. www.AquariumPAEX.com

wild_amazon
Mon May 29, 2006, 04:24 AM
Wild discus for US$13.67 (8 cm) and $37.50 (10 - 15 cm)!!!
Why is so expensive here?????

Waldo
Mon May 29, 2006, 05:44 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I know wild discus are more expensive however I thought the Putumayo were high as well. It's mostly freight which is why were looking into new methods of shipping right now.
The major increase is freight.

Th0mas
Mon May 29, 2006, 07:44 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I know wild discus are more expensive however I thought the Putumayo were high as well. It's mostly freight which is why were looking into new methods of shipping right now.
The major increase is freight.

What other method of shipping is available apart from packing them on plane?

Thomas.

Waldo
Mon May 29, 2006, 06:00 PM
The idea is that when the dry season comes in the amazon fish like discus and angels are going to be forced to lay flat. This triggers a hybernation state and the fish slows it's metabolizm. Less oxygen is burnt and less ammonia is put in that area to conserve it. By doing this in the bag we can simulate this and serve on shipping. This is a theory provided to us during interzoo and we have yet to prove or disprove it.

Waldo
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 10:44 PM
New Stock

Leaf fish 1"

PBass 5-8"

Ceptopsis cats ~ Black Piu Piu's

Jaguire Eel 3ft

Star Castexi Ray

Bronx19
Mon Jul 03, 2006, 02:03 AM
Intersting fish.

Waldo