PDA

View Full Version : which is which?

bushie
Sun May 21, 2006, 02:47 AM
can anybody hook me up to a link or somewhere on this forum where there is a picture of each type/kind or colour variant of discus and their names?
I think there is many others out there that would like to know also.

I like to put a face to a name :lol:

thanx
BUSHIE

samir
Sun May 21, 2006, 03:54 AM
thats another science in itself. people have gone overboard. a pigeon is a pigeon is a bloody pigeon. but thats not enough now theres a golden pigeon, a striated pigeon even a bloody pearl pigeon. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x back to your question i haven't found any website yet but if there's one on mars or the moon or neptune, pluto wherever, that actually makes sense of all the colours i'll let you know. maybe a book like discus catalogue or something someone else could suggest would be of more help. but then again there's always another book that calls the same damn fish something else.

nicholas76
Sun May 21, 2006, 07:17 AM
aaah bushie! i wish it was that simple mate.

start writing one up mate ill check on you next month some time and see how you are going with it hehehe

I too hate the variations , and to add too it , it seems most LFS's like making up names as well,,,, so you have to cater for that as well.

bushie
Sun May 21, 2006, 07:30 AM
yeah,
thought that was the case.
any good basic threads with pics just to get a reasonable Idea?
like, a good photo of a red turq, in comparison to a blue turq!
just general stuff.
have seen many photos of turqs and they all look so different, the only thing they had in common was the fact that they where as round as a frisbee. :D

Dave76
Sun May 21, 2006, 07:47 AM
Hi bushie

Just google 'discus catalogue' or 'discus strains' or similar and you'll find some good pics.

I've got a couple of good books I can bring along to the next PCS meeting if you want to have a squiz.

Cheers

Dave

bushie
Sun May 21, 2006, 07:54 AM
thanks dave,
if meetings and indoor cricket don`t clash (for a change) I`ll take you up on that.
thanks for the info.

kalebjarrod
Sun May 21, 2006, 09:05 AM
there are so many people that simple cross to species and then cross the offspring a few times and call it a cool new name

too many, too close, too often to give you a correct answer

:?