PDA

View Full Version : stainless steel heaters (external controls)

Nathan
Wed May 17, 2006, 09:35 AM
are these sort of heaters good? are there any differences between the other ones, i mainly want to buy one because i dont like havnt to take the lids off to adjust the temp. but if there no good then of course ill go with the others, just wondering if anyone has any opinions or experience with them?

nathan

Proteus
Wed May 17, 2006, 09:57 AM
I have used the AquaOne 300w stainless heaters for years, have not had any problems with them to date

Nathan
Wed May 17, 2006, 12:20 PM
do they keep a good constant temp?

nathan

Ben
Wed May 17, 2006, 12:34 PM
good heaters, i give them 8/10

Joe
Wed May 17, 2006, 06:37 PM
They don't break like the glass ones!

nicholas76
Wed May 17, 2006, 10:40 PM
Im test driving my JAg 300 watter for the first time since lst night

( for the 4 x 2 x 2 )

this morning its sitting on 27.6. hmmm im hoping it will get to 30 today?

rytis
Tue Jul 04, 2006, 06:19 PM
are these sort of heaters good? are there any differences between the other ones, i mainly want to buy one because i dont like havnt to take the lids off to adjust the temp. but if there no good then of course ill go with the others, just wondering if anyone has any opinions or experience with them?

nathan

i have a 1000 wat pro heat 2... it works ok, but i had to return it once, they sent a new one...gota keep receipts with these heaters if you buy them in the store, coz some of them are totaly crap...

marg
Wed Jul 05, 2006, 02:23 AM
I bought 3 200w Via Aqua ones off Ben at AOA last month and they are all up and running - no problems.

Love the fact that you don't have to put your hands in the tank to adjust the Temp, and I haven't had to fiddle with them - they are keeping the Temp constant.

Marg.