PDA

View Full Version : change of the season

Nathan
Tue May 16, 2006, 10:42 AM
hey guys im just wondering if anyone else has had a problem or noticed a difference. but evertime it goes from summer to winter i find that i get a lot of diseases and things like that in the water. my Jebo has recently got a disease an 15 fish have died (not a discus tank thank goodness) and the same thing happened last year.

is it possibly because that with the sudden rain that all the gunk and rubbish has been washed into the resovious (spelling)?

but my discus tank has not had a problem and i think this is because i have a uv steriliser in it. anyway just wondering if anyone knows if my theory is correct or if this has happened to anyone else?

nathan

nicholas76
Tue May 16, 2006, 11:34 AM
Interesting observation Nathan.

I find with every change of season , water quality changes. although I cant prove it ( i dont have a chem lab ) im pretty dam sure chlorine levels change all the time to combat heavy rains, days of drought and so on.

For the first time in 5 years I wont be using a U/V steriliser on my main tank. Interesting to see how things develop.

Phlipper
Tue May 16, 2006, 01:13 PM
Certainly here in Adelaide the quality of the water from the taps changes quite dramatically at times, PH and hardness levels fluctuate significantly, most of the shops here and private aquariasts complain about it.

Do you know what killed you fish in the non Discus tank ?

Nathan
Tue May 16, 2006, 10:43 PM
im not 100% sure phlipper because i havnt really looked into as ive lost a lot of interest in that tank and will hopefully be selling it soon. but it looks to me as if its some sort of severe fungal infection.

nathan

goldfish
Tue May 16, 2006, 11:11 PM
yeah i notice that aswell nathan, around this time of the year or colder the winter period is when there is something wrong.

wickedglass
Tue May 16, 2006, 11:42 PM
I've had the same problem in the last 2 weeks, Nathan. Fish dying in a tank that hasn't had any problems since its set up in january :/