PDA

View Full Version : I have arrived....

SirClutzz
Tue May 16, 2006, 02:45 AM
Hi all,

I have been religiously reading this forum for a while now, and I love it. Congrats to all, you should all be very proud.

I have recently bought a 6*2*2 tank and plan to set it up with tetras, discus and plants, so I will have lots of questions, and as I am a bit of a DIY nutter, I hopfully will have lot to contribute to the forum.

Currently I am looking after some eastern long neck turtles for the guy I bought the tank off, these will be going back to him soon so I can stop planning and start doing the tank, however, I have some cool pics of the turles which I will have a go at posting in the next couple of days.

So as I said before, I am a bit of a DIY nutter, also a computer programmer, and nerd, so will be looking into automation of a few bits an peices for the tank and all that. Will be happy to share anything I work out, and will also be asking a number of questions of others out there (anyone done anything with plc's (programmable logic controlers) before??)

I don't know a lot about discus, but have learnt alot from you all so far, however, not doubt I will have plenty more questions.

I live on the Gold Coast, and would love to catch up and talk discus with any other Gold Coaster (thinking of organising a Gold Coast forum members bbq gathering, if anyone would be interested)

Thanks all and congrats on an awsome forum
Sir Clutzz

SirClutzz
Tue May 16, 2006, 02:46 AM
Oh, and I know the topic "I have arrived.." might sound a little suck up, I just thought there was enough threads title "Hi all" and all that, so I wanted to be different... :lol:

goldenpigeon
Tue May 16, 2006, 07:41 AM
hey! nice to see another gold coast member here! have to catch up sometime!

HAN 'd' Aquariums
Tue May 16, 2006, 08:01 AM
Hi Sir Clutzz
From one new forum member to another - welcome.
Would definitely be interested in a Gold Coast get together with other forum members.
Heidi

Proteus
Mon May 22, 2006, 09:44 AM
Welcome to DiscusForums.com

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

:)

SirClutzz
Mon May 22, 2006, 11:24 AM
lol..

Yeah, I've heard that one before... Generally get a few weirds looks with that comment tho... :lol:

Merrilyn
Mon May 22, 2006, 02:21 PM
A very warm welcome to the forum SirClutzz.

We won't hold your computer skills against you LOL

A Gold Coast get together sounds great.

Hope you enjoy your time here.