PDA

View Full Version : Sick fish

Inspiringfish
Mon May 15, 2006, 11:02 PM
I have a 55 gallon with 6 discus (all juveniles). Just went through a Levamisol bath (the whole tank). Treated with Metronidazole about 3 weks ago before finding out about the Levamisol. All fish are doing great except 1 :( . His fins are ragged looking. No bits out of the fins, no eye pop or cloudieness, breathing normal,,, nothing else?????

His fins are ragged, he floats around like a bobber (pretty much stays upright with a tumble here and there), a couple other fish nip at his body leisurely???? He's not eating.

Any ideas??? Thank you for your help and I'm anticipating your response.

G-1000
Tue May 16, 2006, 12:31 PM
Mark

You need to use activated carbon to remove any remaining meds in the water first of all.

Then conduct a 30% w/c to freshen things up.

Then perform a long salt bath with 1 tablespoon of ROCK salt (i.e non-iodised) per 40L (10g if you are in america).

This should perk the little fella up enough to get eating

G

Inspiringfish
Tue May 16, 2006, 02:48 PM
What up "G". (That's American slang :lol: )

Thank you for the feed back!!! We'll perform the above recommedations.

Inspiringfish
Wed May 17, 2006, 02:48 AM
I did the above "G". We'll see what happens.

O.K.,,, A little embarresed to mention this,,, the above described, sick fish, is missing. A 55 gallon tank???? I can't find it??? I looked before, after and during the water change and could not find it??? I even had my wife look. We even looked outside the tank :? even though I don't know how that would be possible with the cover I have???

I'll be taking apart the tank tomorrow if I can't find him/her?? Wish me luck.

Let's see you come up with a solution for this one LadyRed :? :( :? :wink: :wink: