PDA

View Full Version : can i feed my discus beefheart every meal?

Nathan
Mon May 08, 2006, 07:16 AM
hey guys im just wondering if the beefheart is nutritous enough for me it to be the main part of my discus's diet, i feed them frozen BS once a day an then the beefheart twice a day, an now an then blackworms for a treat, would that be ok?

nathan

G-1000
Mon May 08, 2006, 09:41 AM
Nathan,

It depends on what is in your beefheart mix.

Say that you have just beef heart and absolutely nothing else - then NO.

If you have beefheart, fish, shrimp, spinach, carrot, banana, wheat germ, lecithin, spirulina and color bits (with still other things) then you would be able to do it safely.

Better to feed a varied diet to address any deficiencies.

How would you like nothing but steak, and never any chocolate or hot chips etc... Similar thing.

G

kalebjarrod
Mon May 08, 2006, 08:47 PM
I would say yes if you made the BH yoursef and controled the ingrdients

not that stuff from the LFS, its to processed

Nathan
Tue May 09, 2006, 01:06 AM
yea ive made a batch about 3 or 4 weeks ago, i used ladyreds recipe, but included tetracolourbits and lots of other fish pellets, and a couple algea wafers. would that be ok to feed them every meal, im not actually feeding them it every meal but it is there main diet, i also feed them frozen BS and sometime blackworms.

nathan

Merrilyn
Tue May 09, 2006, 07:07 AM
That's a good diet Nathan. You're feeding them lots of variety, and that's just what they want.

rytis
Tue Jun 06, 2006, 04:31 AM
hey guys im just wondering if the beefheart is nutritous enough for me it to be the main part of my discus's diet, i feed them frozen BS once a day an then the beefheart twice a day, an now an then blackworms for a treat, would that be ok?

nathan
discus also LOVE salmon.... variety is best