PDA

View Full Version : Photo competition closes 31st May, 2006

Merrilyn
Mon May 08, 2006, 01:39 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to get your camera out and start snapping some pictures of your favourite fish.
Our new sponsor, Seaview Aquarium have kindly donated some wonderful prizes for this competition.

1st Prize - ViaAqua 300 (AquaOne CF500) external canister filter

2nd Prize - Aquarium Heater

3rd Prize - Fish Food

Donated by Seaview Aquariums

Theme - My Favourite Fish Photo.

Maximum of 2 photos per entrant.

Any type of fish is allowed.

No artificial enhancement allowed. (No photoshop please )

(converting from .raw to .jpg is permitted - however please keep the original image on file)

Cropping and resizing is allowed.

Size should be no bigger than 1000 x 800

Photos will be judged on artistic merit , technical merit and subject merit.

Each judge will award a score out of ten.

The three highest scoring photos will be posted, and forum members will decide the winner by voting in a poll.

Commences Monday 1st of May 2006

Concludes Wednesday 31st of May 2006

Judges for this competition:-

Mike from Seaview Aquariums, our newest sponsor.

Taksan, who is a professional photographer.

And yours truly

Get your cameras out and start taking those photos.

A few tips. CLEAN the glass first. This is most important. Many good photos are ruined by spots on the glass.

If you use flash, stand slightly to the side so you don't get reflection in the glass.

Heaters and other equipment are essential in tanks, but they do nothing for your photos. Take highly visible equipment out before you start photographing.

Most photos are best with lots of tank lights turned on, and the room lights turned off. If you can, take a light from another tank, to double the amount of light in your photo tank.

Good luck, and happy snapping.

Enter your photos in the official entry thread in the Photo Forum.

rytis
Sun Jun 11, 2006, 11:41 PM
when is the next photo competition? coz i have a feeling some of my discus would win this hands down, i just havent payd attention to showing them off yet...

mcloughlin2
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 12:03 AM
Rytis you could not compete as your from the US..

It would just not be possible to get you your prize if you won... :)

rytis
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 12:44 AM
o ok, i didnt care about the price though, just wanted to prove that it's not all about weight.... but i am feeding mine more lately.....

mcloughlin2
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 01:37 AM
o ok, i didnt care about the price though, just wanted to prove that it's not all about weight.... but i am feeding mine more lately.....

You do start problems for yourself dont you? :lol:

FYI, the comp was judged on the photo not the actual fish... :P

HTH

Nathan
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 03:40 AM
some people dont know what to say and when to, an rytis your one of em

Waldo
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 03:47 AM
and what were the results? did we get to vote? I haven't seen the other pictures. I sent one in just cause... don't know if it will be posted.

nicholas76
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 04:10 AM
Waldo

refer to the picture section. Everyone had a month to post 2 pictures and after those were selected members had an option to select the winner via a pole.

Protues did mention down the track that international members may be able to win soon as he is looking into prizes that are available from contacts abroad.

All are welcome to post up a picture or two!

Rytis you sure do like talking the talk! Remember if you do lose it is not a conspiracy against you lol its just your photo/ fish or both arent good enough :wink:

ps Waldo that stingray in your avatar is stunning mate if it is yours can you find the time to post more pics up please.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 04:14 AM
maybe its best to be able to walk the walk if you want to talk the talk rytis ;)

rytis
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 04:45 AM
you guys are taking things seriously around here...

"You do start problems for yourself dont you? "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"some people dont know what to say and when to, an rytis your one of em"

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 05:24 AM
ummm i dont believe this forum was made to have a comedy side to it. there is a time and place for a joke but its hard not to take your comments seriously rytis. especially when a lot of them involve serious matters!

rytis
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 02:35 AM
ummm i dont believe this forum was made to have a comedy side to it. there is a time and place for a joke but its hard not to take your comments seriously rytis. especially when a lot of them involve serious matters!
BaHaHaHaHa????
:)

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 15, 2006, 07:28 AM
all i can say rytis is "IDIOT!!!" and yes that was pointed at you if you were wondering!