PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any like these ???

samir
Sun May 07, 2006, 08:35 AM
just wondering if anyone here has something like this. also your opinion on the fish, shape colour etc
cheers
Samir

G-1000
Sun May 07, 2006, 11:40 AM
certainly a very interesting fish

looks almost like a rose red x golden leopard ??

its nice, but not my cup of tea personally.

G

Inspiringfish
Sun May 07, 2006, 04:54 PM
Great picture and a great lookin fish. Thanks for sharing

Suc_Sid
Mon May 08, 2006, 03:51 AM
It's certainly a beautiful looking fish - both colour and shape. I particularly like the delicate fine lines on it's face.

Just wondering what strain it is? I've seen something similar called (?)Singapore Eruption(?) - perhaps others might know it's exact strain?

Merrilyn
Mon May 08, 2006, 04:41 AM
Awesome fish. Full spotting on the gill plates and into the dorsal and anal fin, as well as the ventrals. An exceptional result. The breeder would have been very proud of that fish.

Name ..... hmmm Penang Eruption, Ruby Leopard spot snakeskin. Not too sure. But a wonderful specimen.

dachoo
Mon May 08, 2006, 05:17 AM
What a beau... love the spots
So what can it be web leopard ...spider dragon king... or just LSS..

samir
Mon May 08, 2006, 05:49 AM
i found out what they are after a bit of Google. Scarlett Spotted from Singapore. With all the different names around for the same type of fish its a bit confusing. i'm posting more pics from the same place. If anyone has the time or the inclination please do comment on them. I had to downsize them to get under the 128kb limit.
Thanks
Samir
PS oops almost forgot. Thank you all for you inputs. :D

kevkoi
Mon May 08, 2006, 06:14 AM
ERrrm... I would seriously question the "Golden snakeskin" pictured. Doesn't look like what I would expect a golden snakeskin to look like. Maybe it's an intermediate??

samir
Mon May 08, 2006, 06:22 AM
thanks kev for the info . :? now i'm even more confused :?
i've posted another picture. is this what one sould look like ???
maybe when i have the time I'll do some google research and can put up a topic with pics for different colours and patterns, a kind of identify your fish page.

Nathan
Mon May 08, 2006, 07:09 AM
really nice shape, but yeah im with g-1000 not to keen on it, but a lot of ppl on this forum will definitely like it!

nathan

nicholas76
Thu May 11, 2006, 10:01 PM
stunning fish ( your first pic )

would glady buy two dozen if i could A) afford it and B) could actually find that quality!! :D

mistakes r crucial
Sat May 13, 2006, 04:10 AM
The fish in the last pic I have about 10 of and they were sold to me as Gold Leopards.
MAC

samir
Sat May 13, 2006, 04:49 AM
thanks for all the feedback. i'll probably work on getting some from Singapore when I have the space, funds, inclination etc. I figure they would end up costing me about 200 each, retail ,for
3"- 3 1/2". pheeew !!!!