PDA

View Full Version : Second Albino female and pb male with eggs

Crocky
Sun May 07, 2006, 12:18 AM
hi all
24 hours after the first albino female layed,i caught the second one spawning with the pb male ( 10.30 pm :shock: ).
So here a few pics,hope you like them.

Brad

Merrilyn
Sun May 07, 2006, 01:26 AM
Now you're just showing off Brad LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geesh ...... well done mate, what can I say :P

aquafrogstuff
Sun May 07, 2006, 02:54 AM
Looks like a giant apple snail in the first photo.

How do you find it goes with keeping the algea down in the tank? Have you had any issues with it eating the eggs?

Discus 41
Sun May 07, 2006, 04:33 AM
well done again Brad keep us posted

G-1000
Sun May 07, 2006, 04:44 AM
I think the albino's crossed to PB would look awesome

Imagine the look of a PB fish without the balck speckling and with a red iris!

G

Crocky
Sun May 07, 2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the nice comments.
Hi aquafrogstuff yes its apple snail,dont know if it helps with algea but it does eat any food left by the discus.I have never had them eat any eggs.
Hi G I think it would look good but I don't know as you said i am hoping i might get some clean pb's.
I don't know much about crossing,so I will have wait and see.
Hey Merrilyn I hope you don't i am showing off,would hate people thinking that.

Brad

Merrilyn
Sun May 07, 2006, 08:34 AM
Hehehe Brad, you post as many pics as you like. We're all in awe mate. Naaah it's not showing off, I'm just teasing ya. Mate if I was having your success, I'd be plastering the net with pics.

Keep posting those photos. We're all jealous as heck, but loving every picture.

Keep up the great work mate. But pleeeeease tell us how it's done LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

barramundi
Sun May 07, 2006, 09:03 AM
Nice one Brad,

It would be nice to see how the young turn out keep us posted.

john

Crocky
Mon May 08, 2006, 07:30 AM
Hi all
They have eaten all but a few eggs which are on the rim of the pot.
There where only a few bad eggs that went white the rest where fertile.
Maybe next time I will have to remove the albino as I don't think it got the best eye sight and it would let the pb near the egg to often.

Brad

Crocky
Mon May 08, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hi all
They have eaten all but a few eggs which are on the rim of the pot.
There where only a few bad eggs that went white the rest where fertile.
Maybe next time I will have to remove the albino as I don't think it got the best eye sight and it would let the pb near the egg to often.

Brad

G-1000
Tue May 16, 2006, 11:08 AM
Crocky - the F1 generation will be 100% PB or thereabouts, so pepper will be the same level approx. You might get an alteration in shape of the fish.

Cross into F2 will give you melons and pearl pigeons, without any pepper at all (those that express albino gene that is) but only around 25% will be.

G

Crocky
Wed May 17, 2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks G
both albino's females spawned last thursday,but they won't let the males near the eggs and they peck to fertile eggs off as they try to get the white ones.
Next time i will devide the female away from the eggs and let the male look after them.

Brad

G-1000
Wed May 17, 2006, 08:19 AM
Brad u r d guru !

G

Crocky
Thu May 18, 2006, 08:07 AM
the pb/albino lay this afternoon and the female is up to her old tricks so i have devided her away from to eggs.The male is takeing great care of the eggs hope to see some wrigglers this time and i will post some pic.

Brad

G-1000
Thu May 18, 2006, 08:40 AM
Crocky,

If successful to wrigglers, can you reserve a dozen for me???

Dying to breed an albino PB

G

Crocky
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 12:31 PM
After six goes they have finally got some wrigglers,but only a dozen.
Second Albino which is now with a turk is laying every 7 to 10,but she still keeps eating them or they go white.

Brad.c

marg
Fri Jun 09, 2006, 11:43 PM
Hi Brad,

haven't spoken to you for a while but I see nothing has changed you lucky devil - I might add that nothing has changed here - they keep laying and eating their eggs :evil: :evil: !!

Good luck with your Albino & Pigeon Blood - they look like really lovely fish - their offspring will be interesting.,

Regards,

Marg.

mcloughlin2
Sat Jun 10, 2006, 12:24 AM
They look great..

I'd be interested in some fry if G got some.. :wink:

Discus 41
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 12:46 AM
Hey crocky looked at the pitures and I can't tell which one is an albino,what features should I be looking for,as they are both great looking fish

Discus 41
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 12:47 AM
Hey crocky looked at the pitures and I can't tell which one is an albino,what features should I be looking for,as they are both great looking fish

mcloughlin2
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 01:41 AM
The albino is the fish tending the eggs in pic #2...

You should look for the red eye, and if there is NO peppering.. :wink:

Crocky
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 07:46 AM
Hi 41

Mcloughlin2 is right,but the pb is pretty clean fish which I traded when it was only 20 cents in size.Sorry all I didn't take any pics as I went to Melbourne over the weekend to drop some fish and when I came home the wrigglers where gone.The color of the wrigglers where orange/pink.

Brad

Crocky
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 07:49 AM
Hi 41

Mcloughlin2 is right,but the pb is pretty clean fish which I traded when it was only 20 cents in sizes.Sorry all I didn't take any pics as I went to Melbourne over the weekend to drop some fish and when I came home the wriggler where gone.The color of the wriggler where orange/pink.

Brad

samir
Mon Jun 12, 2006, 07:57 AM
the one near the eggs in the second pic looks like the albino