PDA

View Full Version : whtats external filter is better?

lovenotthrowdiscus
Mon May 01, 2006, 11:04 PM
hey guys,

i have 2 aquaone 1200's and was looking through our sponsors page and
came across the:

-Mozoo ME-1200 1200lph- cannister filters

i have never heard of them,are they any good if anyone knows i'd love to hear?

thanks alot :)

DR.V
Tue May 02, 2006, 02:00 PM
Not sure about that one, but if you can try to buy Eheim or Fluval.

They're a bit expensive, but really good !

Good luck

Proteus
Tue May 02, 2006, 02:04 PM
if budget wasnt an issue, def eheim...

Fluval are good, however I find AquaOnes to be just as effective and in most cases a little cheaper.

As for the Mozoo, never used one, and dnt know anyone that has so cant comment

DR.V
Tue May 02, 2006, 02:20 PM
Yes yes I forgot to mention AquaOne ^^

lovenotthrowdiscus
Wed May 03, 2006, 01:27 PM
alot of the posts around have people saying that there fluval have become really noisey and parts need replaced.

im kind of stoked i got the aquaones because i have not heard anything bad yet.

as for the mozoo's.........

thanks guys

Seaview
Thu May 04, 2006, 05:48 AM
well what can you say. you get what you pay for. We do stock the mozoos and have had one running for the past couple of months on a 3ft shop tank. they are a cheap external filter!! One thing we have noticed is the plastic crates for holding media in are not the best grade in plastic, but over all they seem to be a good pump. you can tell its a cheap pump by the plastic used but some pple just want cheap and are not willing to pay the price of ehiem, rena, fluval etc.

They come with a 12 month guarentee and parts are available. They cant be to bad as the internal range of mozoo filters are very effective and some even come with a two year guarantee.

Proteus
Thu May 04, 2006, 07:21 AM
well what can you say. you get what you pay for

Couldnt have put it better myself.

There are some good buys out there in the lower price range, however there are some that I simply would not use or endorse.

I have found E-heims - Fluvals - AquaOne's to be very reliable, but as they say, each to there own.

Squid
Tue May 09, 2006, 01:38 AM
As a previous fish shop manager - I can say the following. People will always come back to the product that works best first time. If someone buys a Fluval for instance - it works for 5 years without a hitch - then to them all the other brands are crap!! If it breaks then its crap! I'm a bit that way - thats why I now have a broad spectrum collection of external filters. My official unbiased answer to the best filter - well that depands on the size of the tank you want to filter. For the average 'Joe' person who has a 200 LT tank - I reckon Aquaone CF700. Fluval would beat it if it had a spray bar return (this is biased around discus keeping!!) Otherwis the Fluval 305 for a 200-300 Lt tank.

Squid

Squid
Tue May 09, 2006, 01:46 AM
Hey forums readers - just an unbiased plug (and not a personal plug as I dont know the owner) - at APW, you can get a Aquaone CF700external canister filter (will do 200 Lt or so tank) and a UV filter to attach to it for the same price that you can buy a External filter at a Local fish shop (LFS). Have a look at aquariumproductswholesale.com and see if I'm BS'ing you!

Have fun with purer water that UV offers

Squid

Merrilyn
Tue May 09, 2006, 06:53 AM
Sounds like good buying. Thanks for the tip Squid :P

lovenotthrowdiscus
Wed May 10, 2006, 11:01 AM
nice man thanks!!!