PDA

View Full Version : What is your fave heater ?

DR.V
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 01:29 PM
What is your fave heater ?

Just curious , thanks all ^^

DR.V
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 01:52 PM
Can we have a little explanation or feedback why you choose that brand ??

Thanks

Proteus
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
I have had used many brands and 2 I have had running for many years are the Jagers and the Stainless Steel Aqua One heaters.

Have tried brands like resun, aquapro, sun sun etc etc and they havent lasted moe than a few weeks or months.

Ginko
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 02:03 PM
Jager forever

wickedglass
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
I usually get cheapies. I have a couple of jagers, a couple of tetras and the others are all cheapos. They all keep the temp right, I haven't had any burnouts or any other problems and they're cheap enough to have a few spares lying around just in case something does happen.
The jagers and tetras look a lot better, but they all do the same job imo.
Back in the old days I'd snatch up old heaters which had the glass broken and make new tubes for them myself, never had any problems there, either ;)

DR.V
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 04:22 PM
I love sera ^^

Nathan
Sun Apr 30, 2006, 11:14 AM
ive got a fluval one 150w and its been running great for a bit over a year!

nathan

Jet_SU
Mon May 01, 2006, 05:32 AM
Have used 1/2 a dozen brands, and the ones which have lasted me the longest were Johnlen heaters (unfortunately they are no longer avaliable)

Also my rena heater seems pretty good, both have lasted me 2years + and still running.

Jager heaters, were good when running but mine got water clogged in them. But apparently this design issue was resolved a while back.

KillieOrCory
Mon May 01, 2006, 06:35 AM
About year and a half ago when I perfected the living conditions of my tanks and fed them good quality food, I managed to succesfully breed my tanks and they doubled in number!!! :roll: :wink:

As a result I had to go and get 20-25 new heaters (because they are all over the house and space heating is not possible!). Because of the number I had to get I mainly bought el-cheapo ones. A year and a bit on all working fine no break downs no boiling fish etc. My old el-cheapo ones still going strong as well. I also have more expensive brand ones as well :lol:

One factor (that might be important or not) is that I generally do not try to heat my tanks over 24-25 degrees Celcius. So the heaters do not need to work very hard, which might contribute towards their longevity.

Davo
Mon May 01, 2006, 10:59 AM
I currently have a Hydor 300w external heater and the temp never varies and you have the added bonus of not being able to see the heater in the tank.

Dave.

DR.V
Mon May 01, 2006, 11:05 AM
I currently have a Hydor 300w external heater and the temp never varies and you have the added bonus of not being able to see the heater in the tank.

Dave.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I hate seeing accessories in the tank. Thats why I put everything in the sump ^^