PDA

View Full Version : new spawn

Discus 41
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 10:11 AM
Hi guys,

Just had to tap out a message as my Discus have spawned today and I'm hoping this will be the start of something special.
I'm not sure what type of fish they are so I was hoping someone could identify them for me,sold as green Molsic but look like red turks to me.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Katie
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 10:21 AM
whatever they are, both a gorgeous looking discus. Do you have another phtoto, where we can see the who of them? Congrats on the spawn too.

HAN 'd' Aquariums
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 10:27 AM
Gorgeous Discus Ian
I would say red turk, but I am no expert.
Is this their first spawn? And yours?
Dad is looking very protective at the front of the tank.
Heidi

Discus 41
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 10:34 AM
Hi Katie

Yeah I have single photo's of each fish hope someone can identify,and yes there are good looking fish that's why I had to buy them

Discus 41
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 10:39 AM
Heidi these guys have spawned before and Iv'e had young to free swimming stage,but the female became very aggressive and started eating the last spawn,so I'm gonna remove her when they(if they survive)become free swimming again.

Ian

mcloughlin2
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 12:36 PM
Beautiful discus Ian... :P

They look like a red turk to me but could quite possible be a type of mosaic... :D

Kev or allan would be able to help you out more... :wink:

HAN 'd' Aquariums
Wed May 10, 2006, 12:08 PM
Hi Ian
Was the spawn successful?
Heidi

Discus 41
Thu May 11, 2006, 05:45 AM
Hi Heidi,
I missed my chance to seperate them and when I got home from work the fry had gone,just like all others who are trying to have success with these buggers.
As the saying goes try try again,and I'm sure with enough information from this forum success may not be to far away( hears hoping anyway)

Ian[/list]

HAN 'd' Aquariums
Thu May 11, 2006, 08:45 AM
Sorry to hear that. I too have not yet been successful.
My motto is 'Good fortune comes to those that are patient'. I am apparently VERY patient.

mcloughlin2
Thu May 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
Better luck next time Ian... :wink: