PDA

View Full Version : Bargain for Melb guys...!!

sammigold
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
Hi, just thought I would let everyone know that Mick at Rayonne Aquarium in Preston has a shipment of Gibbys and Plecos 5-6cm at 5 for $100....
I thought it was worth a mention....

sammigold
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 05:46 AM
Well I took advantage and got myself 5 little gibbys today!!!! Yay.... they are now settling in...so so soooo cute!!!

wickedglass
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 11:43 AM
guess what, so did we :)
actually, we folded, we got 3 gibbies and 2 of those very nice plecos ... lucky find :)

we told him we got the info from you,
thanks for the tip Sam ;)

he was actually only going to start the 5 for $100 sale next week, but when we stormed in and told him the fish is out of the bag!!!! he sighed, smiled like a madman and said he'd better start the sale right now. damn nice fish, we're gonna love watching them grow :)

nicholas76
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 11:50 PM
sammi

pics mate pics!!

sammigold
Mon May 01, 2006, 05:15 AM
At the moment they hide most of the day in my Hollow log that I put in the tank for them.(stupid me!!) but I put a nice big zucchini in there and I am sure that I will soon go out and find them all having a go at it... I will then take some pics!!(patience is a virtue.... But I dont have it!!!)

nicholas76
Mon May 01, 2006, 07:46 AM
we both waited a month to watch an egg hatch

and thats all we got?

sammigold
Mon May 01, 2006, 12:16 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! I was just thinking that exact same thing as I scrolled down.... :lol: :lol:

We waited all this time for an egg to hatch out of an egg!!!! (smacks self in head.... DOH!!!)

Oh well at least we werent lumped with a loaf of bread!!! Hey LR... (LR smacks self in head....DOUGH!!!!)

sorry for sick sick comments.... :oops: :wink: :P :P :P :P :P :P

goldenpigeon
Thu May 04, 2006, 07:44 AM
nice sammi!!! would u like my gibbies for company?!?! i feed mine trees, every morning i go out the back and chop down a tree and stuff it in their tank..... they like it i guess

sammigold
Thu May 04, 2006, 12:44 PM
Your a mad one Gp.... Mine arent big enough to eat trees yet!!!!

where have you been, havent seen you around for a while!!!!

goldenpigeon
Fri May 05, 2006, 05:50 AM
ummmmm..... i went walk-about. i cant remember much.... i must have been partying :lol: i would tell if i remembered lol

wickedglass
Fri May 05, 2006, 07:52 AM
Here's a pic of one of the gibbies from Rayonne, haven't been able to catch one of the plecos outside of hiding, yet.

sammigold
Fri May 05, 2006, 10:22 AM
Well done chris, I havent been able to get a decent one yet...I nearly had an upside down shot but it was out of focus!!!....(frustrating)

He sure is a cutie...

goldenpigeon
Fri May 05, 2006, 10:58 AM
my gibbiceps actually play dead!!! they rest on their backs sometimes!!!!

sammigold
Sat May 06, 2006, 01:22 AM
Gp, thats exactly what one of mine was doing the other day...I thought I had killed it!!!! LOL but no, he was fine....
Funny little things....

nicholas76
Sat May 06, 2006, 01:24 AM
is there a purpose for the fish to do this?

or did they hit the booz too hard the night before?

goldenpigeon
Sat May 06, 2006, 03:07 AM
well some of the trees i feed my gibbies could be maked as "suspicious" LOL

no im not sure, mine are very very healthy so i gues they just like to rest on their backs