PDA

View Full Version : Hatching time

dachoo
Tue Apr 25, 2006, 06:49 AM
Hi ,
I just wonder if anyone can tell me hatching time for a pair of 14 bars leopard spotted.
Thank
David

Merrilyn
Tue Apr 25, 2006, 02:18 PM
David it depends on the temperature of the water, but the usual time is 60 hours from egg laying to hatching.

The wrigglers will then stay on the cone for another 3 days before attempting to free swim. Patents usually catch them and spit them back onto the cone for the next 24 hours. After that, they should be attaching to the sides of the parents.

dachoo
Wed Apr 26, 2006, 01:22 AM
It just been very long time since I last breed them (1988 I think)Just when all the hybrid just coming out.Cos I think a pal back them told me some hybrid ( ie. leopard) take longer to hatch. I use to do a large water change before they hatch. that why I want to know the hatching time. (All my breeding tanks temp. at 29.5 & community tanks at 28.c)
David C

Ben
Wed Apr 26, 2006, 01:30 AM
David,

That’s very interesting, I am not sure if hybrid discus eggs would take longer to hatch. I would tend to think its all much of a muchness, just environmental factors increasing or decreasing their normal hatching time such as temperature.

Ben

dachoo
Wed Apr 26, 2006, 01:46 AM
Hi Ben
Temp do play a big part as I have experinced with turq. that hatch around 48 hour duel to temp increase but deform rate are high too.
some months in Malaysia the temp. in the shed (fish room) can get pretty high.