PDA

View Full Version : Types of fishies that can be bought at a fish auction!

Ben
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 12:37 PM
Today I went to the EDAS (eastern district aquarium society) fish Auction with a couple of me mates!

It is held in the out skirts of Melbourne and occurs every few months.

There was a good turn out around 100ish people.

The auction went for over 5 hours with plenty of fishies to be bought as well as some hardware, books and posters.

Some fish can be bought at less than wholesale price whilst some other fish can be bought with those suffering the “auction fever”.

Just a few pictures of what can be bought at the auction!

Enjoy

Ben

Merrilyn
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 12:39 PM
Great looking fish Ben. It was a good auction, a little something for everyone (including me) LOL

Proteus
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 12:44 PM
I heard the killies were pretty popular... lol

sammigold
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 12:49 PM
Oooh I like the cory serbai I havent seen those before.....what cuties...They would be nice in my guppie tank... havent got any bottom feeders in there yet... mmmmmm

Ben
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 01:00 PM
I heard the killies were pretty popular... lol

I bought some more killi's aswell but are a bit tricky to get a good pic!

A few species to add to my repertoire :D

OscarManAlpha
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 02:20 PM
Ben I have some photo tips for you :lol: :lol:

But not sure they would be too welcomed here..............

I tell ya those cories are smashing and i'm sure the killies are wonderful too.

Wish I was in Melbourne :( I would be nagging to come and have a perve at your collection of fish..

It's is fortunate though that we all get to share our interests on the forum.

As we all know how none fish people switch off when we want to share our joy and elation with them..

Looking forward to more pic's and information.

It's going to take me weeks to get over those cories, they are very much on my want to have, need to have, must have, can't live without list..... :banghead :banghead Must stop thinking about fish !!!.....

Cheers,

Mark

sammigold
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 12:24 AM
As we all know how none fish people switch off when we want to share our joy and elation with them..

Agreed... until they need to know something or need a fish for something... then and only then is the only time you are listened to....

the rest of the time they look at you with a weird look on their face as if to say... "yeh its got a tail and fins... big deal" :lol: :lol:

mcloughlin2
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 01:35 AM
Gota love the corydorus "neon gold" ... :shock:

They look great!!!

wickedglass
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 10:37 AM
durnit, we went there and there was no one at the willis room. When did the auction start/finish?
oops, never mind, I just realised it said Waratah Room on the website ... :(
we were so there! just the room was wrong. :( :( :(

sammigold
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 12:16 PM
What you talking about "Willis" !!! LOL
Oh well Chris, at least you'll know for next time...

Merrilyn
Sun Apr 23, 2006, 12:42 PM
That's a shame Chris, you missed a great afternoon. Would have been great to catch up.

KillieOrCory
Tue Apr 25, 2006, 07:33 AM
:wink: So Ben which killies did you get? You are going to have more species then me in a couple of weeks at this rate :lol:

Love those corys too! I think I need to get there for the next auction :roll: