PDA

View Full Version : Discus from Goldenpigeon

marg
Thu Apr 20, 2006, 03:49 AM
Hi all :
This is kind of an Ad for an Ad - but worth reading.

For anyone interested in purchasing any of the Discus that David (or G.P. as we all know him) has left for Sale, I say GO :thumb .

Earlier this month I had a Birthday (don't wanna talk about that), and my Family generously offered to add to my Discus collection for me, seeing as that's all I talk about :lol: - Goldenpigeon as you all know had a number of Discus for Sale and after many Phone Calls and pm's I purchased some of them from him and yesterday I went to the Airport and collected my new Family members.

I am really truly thrilled with them. I ended up with :

1 Pair Red/Whites (beautiful big fish)
1 gorgeous Snow Leopard Male
1 Snake Diamond Female (very pretty)
2 High Body Brilliant Blue Turquoise Females (and they are a truly brilliant blue)
1 Blue Diamond Male (stunning colour)

David had never sent Fish Interstate before (and I have never purchased Fish that way either), but rest assured he did an excellent job.

All Fish were double bagged and newspaper was put between each bag to guard against piercing. All bags were filled with pure Oxygen, and the bags were packed into two large Foam boxes. David had included an envelope on top of the Fish explaining the gentlest way of acclimatizing them once they arrived home, which I followed to the letter.

The Fish landed gently into their new home and immedietly commenced to cruise around the tank and look around for a feed straight away (the Male Red/White gave the Mystery Snail a peck but decided against escargots' for tea :lol: :lol: ).

I telephoned David and informed him that all was going well and he advised that if they seemed hungry I could try them on some Food so they all tucked into a feed of Bloodworms for tea - and about an hour before lights out had a small meal of Flake.

Today is their first day in their new home and as soon as I walked into the Fish Room it was like "Hmph. Decided to arise have you - whats' for brekkie?" - they have had Beefheart for Brekkie, Hikari Discus for Morning tea and Tetra Bits for Lunch - and seemed to enjoy each meal. They are really calm and contented Fish and as soon as you come into the room they head towards you which tells me that David has really cared for them well. I only hope that I can do just as good a job.

G.P. I can't thank you enough- and to anyone who is interested in what G.P.has left for Sale, take my word for it, his Fish are in excellent condition - if you decide to purchase from him you won't be sorry.

Now go and soak your head G.P. until the swelling goes down (just joking). Sincere Thanks.,

Regards,

Marg.

goldenpigeon
Thu Apr 20, 2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the kind words Marg! i am pleased you are happy with your purchase :D shipping the fish is a lot easier than it sounds! LOL

i would like to thank Ben and Merrilyn for their advise on how to carry out the whole process :D cheers guys!

once again i'm glad you are happy with the fish :D

can you post some pics of them for me? i would like to see how they are going in their new home :D

cheers
David

nicholas76
Thu Apr 20, 2006, 06:55 AM
Congratulations on the purchase !! pictures are now due Marg :)

and well done G.P for a professional sale !

goldenpigeon
Thu Apr 20, 2006, 10:28 AM
cheers Nick :D

marg
Thu Apr 20, 2006, 11:36 AM
G.P. and Nick,

Will arrange for my friend to take some Pictures on Sunday and will post them then. my camera is playing up.

Yes G.P., I am thrilled with them, they are all beautiful - hard to say which one I like the best :D :D :D .,

Regards,

Marg.

sammigold
Fri Apr 21, 2006, 03:04 PM
Wow, Now if that isnt a great "wrap"...

Gp, you should be very proud of yourself... If I had enough room I would definately love to have some of your fishies but with only the one 4 ftr for my discus I have to be content with what I have for a while... Until I can convince someone to let me have more.....(tanks that is) I already have 4 not including 2 qts...LOL

Well done on a very well researched delivery of what sound like magnificent well looked after bubs.

cheers, Sammi

goldenpigeon
Fri Apr 21, 2006, 11:24 PM
lol thanks sammi,
there is always plenty here all the time!!!

bluediscus84
Sat Apr 22, 2006, 01:50 PM
i cant wait until your snow lepard has more fry
i so want some of those little ones when they become avb!!! im hanging out i dont mind how long LOL
cheers