PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Orlando

FinaddictFred
Sat Jul 24, 2004, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone..names Fred and Im a total fish nut. I am from Erie Pa originally but now reide in Orlando. Been keeping and breeding tropicals for over 25 years. As I write this my black marble angles are guarding a spawn in my 55. They are in that tank because a group of Julii cories are taking up the 20 in the bedroom for awhile. I tried my hand at discus quite a few years ago. I was working at a LFS and got a deal from one of our whole salers on 6 Lake Tefe Greens. They were 4 - 5 inches and they went into my 135. One day I get a call from the wife and shes freakin out..all 6 of my fish went belly up within minutes of each other. I never found out why..I wanted an autopsy done..I was justa bit upset. But that was my last experience with Discus. Now I'm thinking of another 125 for some Greens or something natural..Im not real wild about all the different strains. But anyhow..Hello from one fish nut to all y'others
8)

Proteus
Sat Jul 24, 2004, 05:36 AM
Welcome to DF.com Fred.

glad to have you onboard...

after looking at tank after tank of wild caughts today, I must say, you are lucky that you can pretty easily get good wild blood in your tanks...

(some of the fish are from your way as well)

flukes
Sat Jul 24, 2004, 09:58 AM
Yeah i would love too stock my tanks with fish like that, great too see your getting back into Discus, everyone has problems its getting back on the horse that is hard..

Good luck..