PDA

View Full Version : What other fish can I keep with Discus?

PeeJay
Mon Apr 17, 2006, 12:47 AM
Hi. I am very new to this forum. I have finally decided to get some discus after keeping a community tank for some time. I would like to know which fish I can keep with the discus and which I have to move to another tank. I currently have a beta, some dwarf goramis, a blood parrot, an angel and some barbs, as well as a couple of catfish.

What are the best discus friendly fish (apart from other discus ;-) )

thanks for any help
Pete

sammigold
Mon Apr 17, 2006, 01:34 AM
There are quite a few and if you have a look at the "tankmates" section of this forum you will get lots of ideas of what is and isnt suitable...

For starters... some suitable tankmates are Cardinal Tetras, Rummy nose Tetras, and many others of the tetra family, also Bristlenose Cats,
Certain types of Apistogrammas and more...Hope that helps...

have a look at the tankmates for more....

cheers

mcloughlin2
Mon Apr 17, 2006, 09:51 AM
Hi. I am very new to this forum. I have finally decided to get some discus after keeping a community tank for some time. I would like to know which fish I can keep with the discus and which I have to move to another tank. I currently have a beta, some dwarf goramis, a blood parrot, an angel and some barbs, as well as a couple of catfish.

What are the best discus friendly fish (apart from other discus ;-) )

thanks for any help
Pete

Mate, prolly best to move all those fish if possible to another tank...

I know some are compatable with discus, but it would be best IMO to have a discus only tank, with maybe a few rams or other Apistogrammas as sammi said...

What sorta tank you trying to create? A planted one? :P