PDA

View Full Version : Seachem multiminerals

petros
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 12:39 PM
Does anyone use this product? At the pet store I was informed that Seachem has multiminerals only for discus, and I was told that are very good. Does anyone uses them? I donot know if I have to order them. Any comments?

Proteus
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 09:41 PM
Discus Trace... I use it after every water change, fish seem a lot more active and happier than prior to using it.

Discus Trace™ supplies a broad range of trace elements demonstrated to be necessary for proper fish health and growth. Unlike terrestrial animals, fish obtain nutrients from both their food and environment. Trace elements are normally depleted by utilization, oxidation and precipitation, thus it is important to restore them on a regular basis. Discus Trace™ contains only those elements actually demonstrated to be required by fish.

Ben
Mon Apr 17, 2006, 11:32 PM
I have heard a lot of good things about discus trace.

I have not used it but from the people i know that have used it swear by it!

A little goes a long way aswell, 5ml per 80 litres of water.

Ben

petros
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
Has anyone uses the Seachem alkaline buffer? If yes, except the KH increase are there any other effects?

BigFoot
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 12:10 AM
Has anyone uses the Seachem alkaline buffer? If yes, except the KH increase are there any other effects?

None that I know of as far as I could tell it only raised the kh.

tara
Thu May 25, 2006, 01:07 PM
Seachem Alkaline buffer also raises the PH

marg
Thu May 25, 2006, 10:07 PM
I haven't used Discus Trace but often see it referred to favourably.

Fish Shops in Wagga Wagga really Suck - they stock virtually nothing. I have found that the best way to get anything for my little darlings is to visit one of our sponsors.

I had a quick look and found that APW stock it - might get some and try it, as I need to order a new bottle of Prime.

Whilst I was looking I found a product called "Seachem Discus Buffer" which also looked interesting. Has anyone used this product and if so, what are your opinions? .

I will hold off doing my order until someone can advise me regarding the Discus Buffer - no point in doing two orders.

Regards,

Marg.

marg
Fri May 26, 2006, 07:39 AM
Anyone care to comment?

Regards,

Marg.

Davo
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 12:35 PM
Marg,

I have a planted discus tank and do not use "Discus Buffer as it raises phosphate levels. I use Seachem "Acid Buffer" as it does not raise PO4 levels.

HTH,
Dave.

shayesmommy
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 03:39 PM
i use discus buffer and it keeps the water a ph steady.
and i only had it for the new water ever waterchange.
ive never noticed anything wrong with my phosphates yet?
i have discus trace and just started using it last waterchange.
so i really dont have to many opinions

Waldo
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 06:00 PM
Great idea for crustatia.

marg
Sun Jun 04, 2006, 10:58 PM
What do you mean Waldo?

Waldo
Tue Jun 06, 2006, 04:45 AM
Crustatia have problems reconstructing a sheded shell without iodine, calcium and other minerals.