PDA

View Full Version : Ciao Everyone!!

hoya933
Fri Apr 07, 2006, 08:37 PM
I happened upon this wonderful site by looking for information on keeping Discus. I'm not a newbie to the Aquarium hobby. I have tanks in storage that I could not bring to sicily with me and have kept Marine and various species of Freshwater. I have avoided Discus because of the "Myth" that they are hard to care for....To make a long story short, I lost a healthy and thriving Community aqaurium in December due to unexpected flooding in the area which I live. I wasn't going to do another tank while living here until I saw some wonderful discus. I'm in the process of starting (cycling) the discus tank now.

I'd like to take any and all advice on starting this process, and I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Ciao

Merrilyn
Sat Apr 15, 2006, 01:59 PM
Sorry I missed you post Hoya. A very warm welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of discus.

Hope you enjoy your time with us. And no, discus are not difficult to keep. If you have managed to keep marine tanks, then discus will present you with no particular problems.

Just get the water conditions right, and you'll find they are tough little critters.

Ben
Sat Apr 15, 2006, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the DF Hoya!
You will have a great time here!

cheers
Ben

hoya933
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 01:30 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :D