PDA

View Full Version : TFH Subscription

Roy
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 11:12 AM
Hello everyone !

Havent been posting lately, but plenty of reading.
I got a TFH magazine subscription back in Feb that was promoted by TFH in our Buy/Swap/Sell section and i got my March issue not long after.
However we are now in April and it has been a long time since the last issue.
I was wondering if anyone else has a subscription and had received their copy, or are we all still waiting ??
Just want to get some feedback before i send of an e-mail to see whats happening.
Thanks in advance.

Roy

discus000
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hi Roy,

I also have a subsciption for TFH,and only recieved the March issue only last week so i'm thinking that the April issue wont be around for awhile.

Mine always arrive about a month late.

:(

Proteus
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 12:31 PM
There have been a few staff changes at TFH in the U.S.

I am in regular contact with several people in there head office and hopefully soon things like subscriptions will be back on track, even though most of it is automated, people are still needed to to do part of the process and with key people no longer there, it has been difficult.

I know that one of the sponsors (APW) will be selling copies in advance of there cover date, yet due to an initial address bungle, and then the changes there have been some significant delays.

Even things like there website which is usually always up to date hasnt been changed in 5 weeks (current issue is still FEB '06).

http://www.tfhmagazine.com

BTW, the April edition is great (got mine 3-4 weeks ago via express air) interesting read on plants that love shade.

Sime76
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah I've found the arrival of the mag quite inconsistant. Who knows why, prolly cos its coming from the US. I only got the Feb edition a week or 2 ago!

But send them an email, I have found them to be very responsive to my queries. Thumbs up there.
If you already have March it may be a while before you get April considering they told me I should be getting my March by the 1st week of April at the latest (Although I should have got it before now) if not they will be sending me another copy.

I don't know what strings you pulled to get your April so early Proteus.

Proteus
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 01:33 PM
I don't know what strings you pulled to get your April so early Proteus.

It helps if you know people there... :wink:

by the way, for those that have the contact email for Jen (Jennifer Dondoro) she no longer works there anymore, either Courtney or Blake are the ones that look after subsription services.

:wink:

duck
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 02:10 PM
While i had no joy getting my subscription,So i let it go this was last year.

Now what is the deal with APW,Do you pay them for a subscription for the year or more then APW send it once they have it, or do they send it straight from the US to the Address, or do you pay for each month, month by month.
Getting a bit forgetful going the newsagent and picking it up every month maybe i'm just slack :lol:

Roy
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 11:01 PM
Cool, thanks guys.
I will continue to wait patiently by the mailbox....

Roy

Ben
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 11:35 AM
Great article in this months magazine, Nutrition.

Has some excellent infomation on nutrition for aquaruim fish wether an Amazonian tetra or a Malawi cichlid.

A magazine well worth buying!

Proteus
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 11:41 AM
Great article in this months magazine, Nutrition.

Has some excellent infomation on nutrition for aquaruim fish wether an Amazonian tetra or a Malawi cichlid.

A magazine well worth buying!

I am looking through my June & July copies and cant find any nutrition article???

Ben
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 11:47 AM
July, page 60.

its under "the Skeptical Fishkeeper" section.

Roy
Sat Jul 22, 2006, 01:52 AM
They have been coming in reguarly for the last few months.
Havent got into July issue yet, but im loving them :D
Worth it for the price.

Roy