PDA

View Full Version : Wound on nose, and tipping to one side

Topkath
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 08:06 AM
Hi all,

Its been nothing but dramas... Tank is just finishing cycling, I was the one with a nitrite reading of 5.0ppm. It was like that for a day, and since yesterday has been at 0.0ppm ammonia is not detectable, temp is 30deg, ph is good.

Just thisafternoon, i noticed that my discus is tipping to one side. When I had a closer look, I noticed that he appears to have a wound on his nose.. I'm not sure what it's from. I'm pretty definate that he didn't have it yesterday.

He is finning well, and can still swim quite well, he straightens up when he moves, but as soon as he stops, he tips over again. Anyone have a clue?

Preciate the help... :D

Nathan
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 08:24 AM
what other fish are in there, possible an injury? id keep a close eye on him as it may possibly be hole in the head disease, but im not an expert. im sure ladyred will be able to assist you whenever she gets a chance though!

good luck mate and try not to stress to much because the people on this forum definitely know what their talking about (except me) :lol:

nathan

Topkath
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks for that - 8-)

I doubt it's from the other fish, there's a sucking cat, and upside down cat, a small albino cat and a silver shark. The've been tankmates for about two years, and haven't hurt each other yet. Only possibility I can think of is that he may have been startled and crashed into a rock??? Do they do that? (I have a 2year old in the house whom I havent trained from hitting the tank yet......)

Nathan
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 10:01 AM
yea thats quite possible, and if it is from an injury then itl take a month of so to heal and the wound shouldnt get any bigger. however if it does get bigger then id be worried about some sort of illness.

but knowing you hve a little kid its probly an injury from being startled!

hope all goes well
nathan

sharn
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 12:19 PM
do you have any other discus? if not he might be a bit more skitty that normal cause he hasnt got the 'security' of his buddies? lets hope ya get that littlin under control, banging on tanks can stress the fish BIIIIIIG time. bribary with lollies might come in useful here lol?