PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks on

barramundi
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 11:50 AM
Hi all,

just a few pics on how my new project has come on in 3 weeks,hope you like.

john

stonedavid
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 12:23 PM
Hey John, Its coming along nicely, must be all that North Qld sunshine we have been getting ........NOT

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 01:16 PM
John that's amazing growth. Wow. Looking great.

What sort of ferts are you using?

sammigold
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 01:32 PM
That looks great... you have a really nice selection of plants there and they are growing so nicely!

barramundi
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 09:43 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for comments,Merrilyn i have put an ezi grow plant food ball under each of the root feeding plants and used aqua master liquid plant food once a week for the fast growing plants.Also i am using power glow tubes on 12hrs a day at the moment.

john

duck
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 10:28 PM
How big is the tank?
Have you CO2?
How much light have you?
add a few more plants,YOu got the back part coming on good.

steven_askham
Sat Apr 01, 2006, 08:54 AM
WOW, I love it dude. Thats exactly how I want my tank lol, so can you please explain how you did it and what you used?

marg
Sat Apr 01, 2006, 10:25 PM
Barramundi,

What a beautiful looking tank - really healthy Plants and I love that big piece of Driftwood. Where did you get such a beautiful piece from?

Regards,

Marg.

Ben
Sat Apr 01, 2006, 11:38 PM
Great looking tank John!

Those hollow pieces of driftwood are excellent!
Great pick up on them as they are few and far between!

Keep us posted on your tank.

Ben

barramundi
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 02:00 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments,the tank is 5x2x2 and the lights i have in it are 3x 5ft with power glo tubes being 3x 3ft and 3x 2ft to make sure the light gets to all parts of the tank.I have now put in diy co2 and the plants have realy gone off.

Duck i have been waiting on some red lotus which have now arrived and in the tank to fill the front up a bit and to add some other color rather than just green.

Ben and Marg i have a freind who has a river at the back of their property and the pices of wood came from them they got them out of river and have had them on their patio for a long time it took me ages to get them to part with them.Another freind then took them to work and sterilized them for me at a cost but well worth it.

Steven step by step, i set the tank up then added 3mm gravel and wood. I then placed in the filter, heater,lights.Then the best part every time i did a water change on my other tank i put that water in the new tank with an air stone and pump to keep the water from going stagnent until i had half filled it.Then i added the plants with a fert ball under the bigger plants and topped it up with tap water put some water ager and liquid fert in and turned on the filter, heater,lights.After a week i had to clean my filter on my other tank i then put some of the old media into the new filter. The next day added some neons and 2 baby discus from lfs to get the cycle on its way.

I hope this info helps Steven and good luck setting yours up, if you need any further info i would be glad to help.Also you can find another thread by me here called all in 5 months that has some info which may help.I will post new pics soon.

john

jim from sydney
Fri Apr 07, 2006, 11:37 AM
John....that is a fine set up Pal......you ought to be congratulated...i love those pieces of driftwood.......that is one of the big advantages of living in the country........keep the pics coming when you get some more fish.....thanks for sharing.....Jim

mcloughlin2
Fri Apr 07, 2006, 12:26 PM
Mad tank barra...

Gota love those bits of driftwood...looks alot like a "River" or "creek"...

LOL!

Are you planning on adding any fish? :D

vishy
Fri Apr 07, 2006, 12:37 PM
Hey.
Nice looking tank, some glosso and hairgrass would look awesome to fill out the front abit, maybe even riccia strapped down, if you can get your hands on some smaller crypts i reckon they would help fill in the gaps in the midground :lol: love that stellata, just IMO
Thanks
Matt

vicky
Sat Apr 08, 2006, 10:28 AM
Great looking setup pal..
I'm no aquascaper but the right end looks a bit empty to be, A nice small piece of driftwood will be perfect.

barramundi
Wed May 17, 2006, 05:22 AM
Hi all,
Just an update to show how my new project is coming on i think its been 6 weeks since i posted.Also with some nice discus in.

john

SirClutzz
Wed May 17, 2006, 05:30 AM
Nice work,

Looks great.

Discus 41
Wed May 17, 2006, 06:13 AM
dude gotta be happy with the result it looks fantastic,soon you will have to do your own harvest of plants there going that well

congrats
Ian

Discus 41
Wed May 17, 2006, 06:17 AM
dude gotta be happy with the result it looks fantastic,soon you will have to do your own harvest of plants there going that well

congrats
Ian

aquaholic
Wed May 17, 2006, 08:42 AM
Ok now i'm realy jeleous.
nice 1 john :)

cheers andrew

sammigold
Thu May 18, 2006, 05:20 AM
WOW!!! I am speechless... that looks amazing!!!