PDA

View Full Version : hi there from adelaide australia

fishpimp
Wed Jul 14, 2004, 01:04 PM
great to have found this site and appreciate the knowledge ppl bring and share. I've been keeping mainly cichlids for 6 years in 3 and 4 foot tanks, 4 years ago i put my 7x2x2 tank together, bought the glass and gave it a shot after plenty of research and repairing other tanks. Made a above tank trickle filter for it and all is going well i'll post a pic or try to.
i caught the discus bug about 2 years ago and bought a few, the colour strains available got me i think or maybe their charisma-fantastic fish.
18 months ago i had some breeders yet sold them as i was working a lot and couldn't maintain things. Greatly intrigued by spawning behaviour. Now i work from home and am starting to build tanks for a living, just put together some steel racks to hold 6 footer breeder tanks with grow outs underneath. I don't own any discus at the moment though i will have a six footer for males and a six footer for females up and cycling in about six weeks. looking forward to producing quality australian bred discus for sale.

flukes
Wed Jul 14, 2004, 04:44 PM
Sounds great. Would love to see the pics of the above tank trickle filter.

AdelaideAnt
Sat Jul 17, 2004, 01:23 PM
Awesome stuff, we need more breeders in SA. Hoping to get up and running myself soon. Although not on the same scale as your plans.

Anthony

PS: Rey Aqua will soon be a sponsor of DF.com (Hopefully)

Proteus
Sat Jul 17, 2004, 02:08 PM
(I havent forgotten AA... now that AC.com.au is operational I will shoot something to you soon)

:wink:

Fishpimp... welcome to DF.com

:wink: