PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Anubias
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been reading this site for a while, and recently posting beginner type questions. I was hoping to contribute posts to 'return the favour' but as of yet, nothing I can contribute to has been posted! :D

Thought I'd introduce myself instead!

I have a five footer display tank with 10 Sataoperca Leucosticas (largest one 8 inches) and a gibby.

Second tank is a three footer where i bred some Red Horse Faces. Red Horse Faces are gone now and i have 5 Discus juvis in there now. Hoping to get another 3 on the weekend.

This site has been really helpful in making decisions about setting up that tank. Thanks all. I've attached a pic of my tank, not discus, but all in good time!!

Merrilyn
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 04:17 PM
Hi anubias and welcome to the forum. Your tank looks awesome, and it will be even better with a few discus in there :wink:

OscarManAlpha
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 04:27 PM
I can see where you got your name :P

Nice Anubias on wood you got.

Did you attach them yourself ?

And do you have very bright lights over them ?

Sorry for all the questions and G'day : )

Cheers,

Mark

goldenpigeon
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 12:35 AM
hey welcome to the big house!!!! great to have u here!

Anubias
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 02:48 AM
Hi Mark,

I attached the Anubias myself. The type is 'Anubias Congo' and in my experience is the hardiest anubias around. All other Anubias go a bit grey looking after a while but Congo's go strong for ages!

Often you will see it at aquariums stuck in the ground as their white roots look different to other Anubias's, so they plant them. The photo was taken about 4 weeks ago and the white roots are already turning green and reaching for the gravel. Almost cascading of the wood, awesome!

Not heaps of light over the tank, just a twin 5-foot reflecter with power-glo's in it. Thanks for the G'day.

OscarManAlpha
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 03:28 AM
Really appreciate the info they look great !!!

Cheers,

Mark