PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 5ft or 6ft Jebo Tanks (& Giesemann hoods)

cactusboy
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 06:24 AM
Just wondering if someone could advise me on where in Melbourne to buy 5 or 6ft Jebo tanks at a reasonable price. Also, if anyone has any idea on prices that would be great. I see plenty of Aqua One tanks for sale, but at that size they don't have a front panel that the Jebo tanks have. I would buy an Aqua one tank if they had the easy access that the Jebo has, but I don't have the arm span to lift the front section whenever I would need to do maintenance.

Thanks for any advice

taksan
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 08:22 AM
Coburg Aquarium in Melbourne are the sole importers and sellars of the large Jebo tanks.

cactusboy
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 04:01 AM
Thanks Taksan, I'll have to pop in there in the next few days. Desparately need to upgrade.

endless
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 07:14 AM
Coburg aquarium is really expensive. If you want a jebo tank that is also cheap go to chadstone aquarium on huntingdale road.

taksan
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 08:56 AM
Coburg aquarium is really expensive. If you want a jebo tank that is also cheap go to chadstone aquarium on huntingdale road.

Chadstone don't sell Jebo tanks only cheap copies.

endless
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 12:42 AM
yes they do if you ask for it specifically. I know for a fact that they have a 5foot jebo tank in their warehouse. anyway never hurts to ask. btw jebos are cheap tanks anyway. The're only expensive because it needs to go through a distributor (who needs to make a margin) and then through the retailer (who needs to make more margin).

taksan
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 03:18 AM
yes they do if you ask for it specifically. I know for a fact that they have a 5foot jebo tank in their warehouse. anyway never hurts to ask. btw jebos are cheap tanks anyway. The're only expensive because it needs to go through a distributor (who needs to make a margin) and then through the retailer (who needs to make more margin).

Well as I've been to the Jebo factory and seen them made against the other Chinese tanks I can assure you that there is a huge difference between Jebo and the other brands.

Proteus
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 03:26 AM
...also bear in mind there are 2 similar named brands.

Jebo - cheap but very well built

Jabao - cheap and *****

cactusboy
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 05:38 AM
I went down to Coburg Aquarium today and had a look at their tanks. They have a great selection but their tanks are really expensive. A 5ft Jebo tank(410L) was about $2500. I would love to get an Akva Stabil tank. Very beautiful but rediculously expensive, especially after doing a google search and seeing how much(or little) they are being sold for oversea. They don't have payment plans either.

Anyway, I called up Chadstone Aquarium, and they have 6fters for $1500 at their warehouse. I'm going to pop over to his warehouse tomorrow and have a look at them to see if it geniunely is a Jebo and not a Jabao. :D
Thanks Endless and Taksan

endless
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 06:30 AM
always a pleasure to help and remember always shop around

Bad Inferno
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 09:59 AM
Catusboy...how did you go...do they have 5fters

Are the Jebo black plastic tops without filter ?

FishLover
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 08:58 PM
$2500 for a 5 footer? That's way too rich for my blood.

I paid about $800 USD for a 6 feet tank and nice stand(oak finish), including the lights. I thought that was expensive too.

My advise, go for the biggest one you can afford. Otherwise, you will end up buying another bigger one within few years.

Proteus
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 09:45 PM
FYI Fishlover US$800 = approx AU$1100

The same tank I think is made out of Starfire glass, and that stuff costs a lot.

cactusboy
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 11:38 AM
Had a look at the 6fter the owner of Chadstone Aquarium had for sale. There was a filter included as part of the tank, however the tank was only 45cm deep and 55cm high. I figure if I'm going to get a 6fter, it might as well have a larger volume. I guess I'm just going to have to get a 6ft Aqua one tank, $1800 at Upmarket Pets. The cheapest I've seen that type of tank in Melbourne. I like the curved tank look.

taksan
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 01:01 PM
Have a talk to Coburg .... they can do a 6x2x2 Jebo much cheaper then the $2500 they told you. I paid much much less.
The Aqua one is only 50cm wide BTW and I know that you can buy one a lot cheaper then $1800 at other places.
That said .... do what I did last time I was buying a 6 footer Jebo bite the bullet forget about the money and buy what you REALLY want !
One of these ....

8-)

http://www.akn-media.com/tanks3_disSSS/VC1Q2099.jpg

Bad Inferno
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 11:04 PM
Oh Yeah...is this yours ?

taksan
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 02:22 AM
Yep :D
and I've got a even bigger one on order

Bad Inferno
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 02:57 AM
is this the 2m one ? I went ot have a look this week and was blown away with the style.

I have asked the cost of the 1600mm hood with T5 lights...I will see what the price comes in at and then decide to go all out and buy one complete or just buy the hood and make a similar stand.

What glass does it use ? For the money I would hope its that black glass stuff.

taksan
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 04:32 AM
is this the 2m one ? I went ot have a look this week and was blown away with the style.

I have asked the cost of the 1600mm hood with T5 lights...I will see what the price comes in at and then decide to go all out and buy one complete or just buy the hood and make a similar stand.

What glass does it use ? For the money I would hope its that black glass stuff.

The one in the photo is the 2 meter one the one I've got on order is even bigger. It uses the starfire float glass ... truely these are magnificent tanks.

cactusboy
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 04:52 AM
WOW :shock: Taksan, that the tank I would love to have. Did you get that cheaper than the advertised price. You seem to know where to buy cheaper tanks, I'm definitely looking at the wrong places. I might just have to bite that bullet and hopefully teach myself the art of haggling at the same time. :D

taksan
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 04:58 AM
WOW :shock: Taksan, that the tank I would love to have. Did you get that cheaper than the advertised price. You seem to know where to buy cheaper tanks, I'm definitely looking at the wrong places. I might just have to bite that bullet and hopefully teach myself the art of haggling at the same time. :D

LOL nothing at Coburg sells for the advertised price if you know the right buttons to push.
:wink:

Bad Inferno
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 10:06 PM
taksan, does your tank have the partition with bio filter in the rear section. if so is it quiet

rob

taksan
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 10:30 PM
yes and yes

endless
Sun Apr 02, 2006, 02:10 AM
I love the hood with the t5. Do they sell an eight by two foot hood? BTW how much did you pay for the tank if you dont mind me asking.

taksan
Sun Apr 02, 2006, 02:35 AM
They don't sell the hoods seperately although you can buy a similar type of HO t5 hoods in any size (they will make any size for you) from Gisesmann
like this
http://www.giesemann.de/en/media/stratos/4_g.jpg

The Stratos T5's are even nicer then the Akva Stabil ones.

The web page is http://www.giesemann.de/en/suesswasserbeleuchtung/stratos.php

As for the price of the 2 meter 720 litre Akva Stabil tank/stand/light combo (they only sell whole packages) you would be doing well to get one around $4000 the bigger 1000 litre version is about $5500 very expensive but you get what you pay for with these tanks. To do a similar sized normal tank in Starfire with a metal frame woudl easily cost $1500 here, the stand is furniture quality and would proberbly be at least $800 and the lights would easily be $1000 so really its not as expensive as it seems at first plus you get something that is beautifully finished and pretty damm spectacular to boot.

endless
Wed Apr 05, 2006, 07:49 AM
Do you know who sells these hoods in australia?

Merrilyn
Wed Apr 05, 2006, 08:00 AM
Endless, as far as I know, they will shortly be carried by the new online retailer Aquarium Products Wholesale.

I'm looking for one for myself too :P

Need to have a better looking tank than taksan :lol:

APW
Wed Apr 05, 2006, 08:11 AM
Do you know who sells these hoods in australia?

As per our email reply to you just then, we will be carrying or have access to the entire Giesemann product range.

Over 50 Gieseman products are to be added to the APW site over the next few days. One of the great things with this range of products, is the colour range, on top of the ultra high quality German workmanship that has gone into each unit.

Some items may take a few weeks to ship as they will be ordered directly from Germany based on each customers specifications, however most of the standard spec items in the base colours are available for quick shipment.

endless
Wed Apr 05, 2006, 08:37 AM
Thats great news and thanks for the email APW. Guess all i need to do now is wait for your quote.

Your absolutely right LR, we definately need to have better looking tank than taksans, although i must say his tank is pretty awesome :)

Proteus
Wed Apr 05, 2006, 08:54 AM
I like I like...

http://www.giesemann.de/en/media/stratos/5_g.jpg

http://www.giesemann.de/en/media/stratos/3_g.jpg

access doors... T5 lighting and control units... suweeeeeeeeet