PDA

View Full Version : Best weekly nutrion diet, any help?

Nathan
Sun Mar 19, 2006, 04:00 AM
hi im just wodnering what you guys feed your fish, and how often you them with each type of food?

nathan

goldenpigeon
Sun Mar 19, 2006, 04:41 AM
i feed my discus mostly with home made beef heart mix, i also give them breeders premium discus food, bloodworms and brineshrimp

Merrilyn
Sun Mar 19, 2006, 04:58 AM
A good mixture of quality frozen and dry foods is the ideal for discus. Lots of us make our own beef heart recipe, and you'll find lots of them here. If you don't want to go to the trouble of that, you can buy it ready prepared.

Discus will eat all sorts of frozen food, like brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, bloodworms, and then of course you need a good quality granule food to round their diet out. Breeders Premium, and Tetra Bits are both excellent, but there are lots of good brands out there.

When young, fish should be fed small amounts as often as you can manage, and as they grow older, two or three meals a day would be ideal.

FishLover
Mon Mar 20, 2006, 05:43 PM
Frozen BW as main food, add OSI Vivid Color flakes, frozen Brain Shrimp and other flake foods.

I find OSI vivid color really brings out the color of my fish. I just started few weeks ago and the fish are noticablely brighter in colors. Especially the blue color.