PDA

View Full Version : Additional Filtration required, please help!!

nick069
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 09:07 AM
hi i have a 250 litre tank currently a tad overstocked, though my ammonia levels and nitrate levels are perfect, i presume its just a matter of time before my nitrate levels go up.
The tank has 10 medium sized discus and 2 bicirs in there, i currently do two 35-40% water changes a week. Im currently running an eheim 2028 pro III. Just wondering what options do i have as an effective additional filtration system, i only want to purchase a second canister filter as a last resort, and i dont want to perform anymore water changes than what im already doing even though that would be the best option. So what do?..... do add an internal power filter or a sponge filter.

thanks in advance!

nick!

taksan
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 05:31 AM
The 2028 is more then enough filtration for a 250 litre tank with that stocking level. The only answer is more frequent water changes whether you like it or not.

G-1000
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:14 AM
Taksan is right on the money

Filtration is fine just increase w/c

G

kalebjarrod
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 09:10 PM
W/C is the only way to go

the boys are on the money!

goldenpigeon
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 11:01 PM
also just a note

i find that internal power filters are only good for blowing the water around in your tank. they hold very little media after the sponges on the cartridges do u wont get much biofiltration. better way to go would be sponge filter or a hang on filter.

HTH

nick069
Mon Mar 27, 2006, 06:38 AM
ok i thought so, but no harm in asking,
thanks guys

nick!