PDA

View Full Version : Parasite?

crazyfrog
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 07:29 AM
I happened to notice this 2 days there are some small thread like parasite squirming on my aquarium wall. Parasite? How do I get rid of them? Those parasite just happen to be there after I got some Tetra fishes and some Jave Moss. :evil:

Help!!!

sharn
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 10:36 AM
worm like? probably planaria and are nothing to worry about, normally a good indication of over feeding :) do a google search on them and see if thats them.

crazyfrog
Sun Mar 19, 2006, 01:33 AM
Thanks Sharn for the information. I think the source came from the dead tetra fish that I manage to dig up after missing for a few days. Any other suggestions that can get rid of them beside feeding less and regularly water change? They look disgusting!

sharn
Sun Mar 19, 2006, 11:57 AM
i dont think there are any chemicals out there that will get rid of them without harming other fish/plants etc, i have heard of something that goes in ponds (pill, liquid etc) to kill mozzie larvae etc but i have never seen it nor used it sorry

marg
Sun Mar 19, 2006, 01:44 PM
Crazyfrog :

Just cut down on the food and do plenty of water changes. Make sure you vacuum the substrate - they tend to hide in there.

Actually some of the fish will eat them - don't worry - I know they look yucky, but they are harmless.

I had them in one of my 4 foot tanks - followed the abover advice and they are now long gone :D :D .

Regards,

Marg.