PDA

View Full Version : New High Quality Fish Food - Limited new samples available!

Xtreme
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 11:56 PM
To celebrate the launch of a new Tropical Fish Food in Australia, we are offering free samples to users.

This new food is one of the highest regarded, and most respected boutique food brands in the United States, using only the highest quality products specifically aimed at the serious enthusiast and breeder.

We have around 20 samples of each of the following:

Ultra Plus Fry Food
(Size 1 - 100 - 200 microns)
(Size 2 - 200 - 500 microns)

Ultra Plus No BS (Brine Shrimp) Fry Food, eliminates the need to raise baby brine shrimp to feed and rear superior fry, or baby fish.

Tests by breeders and hobbyists show that Ultra Plus Fry Food grows fry to equal or bigger size faster and more uniformly than does baby brine shrimp or any other diet tested. In addition, traditionally-fragile strains stopped experiencing typical fry losses and grew at the same rate as more vigorous varieties.

Tests with discus, angels, guppies, bettas, and others yielded extraordinary results. Angel fry, for example, grew faster and took typical angel shape 2 to 3 days earlier than siblings on other diets, including baby brine shrimp. They got to marketable size much earlier as well. There were similar results with other species. For example, a betta strain that normally reached baby-guppy size in 3 weeks reached that size in 2 weeks on Ultra Plus food.

A Close Look at the New Fry Food

Ultra Plus Fry Food comes in two sizes. They share 5 components. The small food (100-200 microns) contains a 6th component not in the larger food (200 - 500 microns).

Component 1 - This is the heart of the foods as far as quantity goes. In the small food, it is 65% by weight. In the larger food, it is 75% by weight. It is very high in protein and also has lots of fat, a very important feature. It seems to be very palatable even on its own, working as an attractant as well as a great food. It contains all the important fatty acids (HUFAs) you have been reading about. These and other critical fatty and oily products are microencapsulated in the food so they do not create excessive oil in the water.

Component 2 - "Flavor-bursting" particles. These make up 10% by weight and are key to getting fry to eat more than they normally might and tempting those that might otherwise be runts to eat enough to catch up with the others. By inducing hearty eating at such an early age, these substances cause fry to eat enough to stretch their tiny stomachs giving them all a good start toward being good eaters for life and large, vigorous adults with that special robust sturdiness we all recognize in superior fishes.

Component 3 - Immune-boosting particles. These make up 5% by weight. Scientific tests abroad indicate that this material bolsters fishes' immune system. It may be partly responsible for the higher survival rates in fragile varieties. And it decreases chances of wildfire infections that can wipe out entire spawns.

Component 4 - Protein booster particles. These make up 5% by weight. They are added to insure that protein, so vital to health and growth, is maximized.

Component 5 - Egg-containing flakes. These make up 5% by weight. Primarily, they add egg protein, completing the high-quality, high-availability protein profile of the food. And they make transition to larger flake food easier when the fry are taken off these special fry foods.

Component 6 - Fat-booster particles. These are present only in the small food and make up 10% of it by weight They give crucial extra fat to very small fry at the time in their lives when they need it most.

How You Feed It

Ultra Plus Fry Food should be kept closed and cool or cold when not in use. As a guide, figure the small food will be right for the small fry of gouramis, rainbow fish, tetras, etc. until they are just over a quarter of an inch long and for angels for about 2 weeks from the day they become free swimming. Guppies can start with the large food but will do better if put and kept on the small food for 2 to 4 weeks, or until they reach a bit over a quarter of an inch in length. For discus, it depends on how long they are left on the parentıs backs. Whenever you go off the small food, just switch to the larger food. The fishes will need no adjusting, because it is almost identical to the small food but for size. Obviously, you can feed both foods at once if you like. And the larger food can be fed to adult guppies and other small adult fish to produce superior breeders and show fish.

Best way to feed is to take the amount you plan to use, add it to a container of tank- or tap-water, stir well or cover and shake, then simply pour the water and food into the tank. Concentrate on the areas where the fry are but also streak some of the food throughout the tank. The food moves about in the tank, propelled by the currents from your sponge filter or airstone. Alternatively, you can take a very tiny pinch of the food, drop it in the tank and stir the top water gently once or twice.

Earthworm Plus Flakes

For all tropical fish, freshwater, marine, goldfish and small koi

SpiruVeg Flakes

For algae and vegetable eating fish, supplementary food for tropical, marine and goldfish

Ultra Plus Flakes

For all tropical and marine

ANALYSIS:
MIN. CRUDE PROTEIN 44%.
MIN. CRUDE FAT 4.6%.
MAX. CRUDE FIBER 4.6%.
MAX. MOISTURE 8.9%

We are especially keen to get opinions from Discus breeders regarding the Fry Foods.

Xtreme
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 11:57 PM
Please send an email to info@xtremeaquariums.com.au with the type of food you wish to sample, including your DiscusForums username, real name and address.

Thank you

goldenpigeon
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 01:35 AM
email send :D cant wait for a free sample! thanks Xtreme!!!

cheers
David

spencer
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 08:57 AM
Email sent
Thankyou :D

Max

Crocky
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 09:55 AM
e-mail sent.
Can't wait to try it on my little discus fry.

Brad C

Merrilyn
Sun Mar 19, 2006, 02:25 AM
Email sent. Thankyou Xtreme. Love to do away with bottles of hatching brine shrimp :P

piranha-discus
Mon Mar 20, 2006, 06:34 AM
EMAIL SENT, i will give a feedback how baby fry will grow compare with others eating different product when i get the free sample package.
cheers,,, ben

Xtreme
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 12:09 AM
Hello,

As of 11.00am this morning, there are no more Ultra Plus Fry food for Discus samples left. :(

I have the following left of the others:

Ultra Plus Flakes: 9 samples
Earthworm Plus Flakes: 12 samples
SpiruVeg Flakes: 12 samples

Please feel free to email for a sample of your choice.

Everyone who emailed me got a sample, I would like to thank you all for your eager responses!

We will be getting stock in most probably by the end of the week, and will have a special price for those who buy online.

I will be posting prices by tommorrow, again thank you and let me know how the food goes.

Cheers and have a good day,

Rebecca

goldenpigeon
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 05:57 AM
hey Rebecca,

would you let us know the price of the foods for future refrence? :D i am very interested in the fry food and the Spiruveg flakes.

also hoe much does it cost for shipping?

cheers :D
David

Xtreme
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 01:51 AM
Here are the food prices, they are a special launch price, shipping cost will be advised tomorrow morning.

Ultra Plus Flakes:

20g: $6.00 (reg $7.00)
40g: $9.00 (reg $11.00)
170g: $25.00 (reg $33.00)
370g: $41.00 (reg $59.00)
1KG: $99.00 (reg $135.00)

Earthworm Plus Flakes:

SpiruVeg Flakes

8g: $5.00 (reg $6.00)

Ultra Plus Fry Food Size 1
(100-200 Micron)

8g: $7.00 (reg $8.00)
20g: $8.00 (reg $10.00)
40g: $13.00 (reg $17.00)
170g: $49.00 (reg $68.00)
370g: $95.00 (reg $139.00)
1KG: $237.00 (reg $335.00)

Ultra Plus Fry Food Size 2
(200-500 Micron)

8g: $7.00 (reg $8.00)
20g: $8.00 (reg $10.00)
40g: $13.00 (reg $17.00)
170g: $49.00 (reg $68.00)
370g: $95.00 (reg $139.00)
1KG: $237.00 (reg $335.00)

Larger sizes are available upon application

marg
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 02:13 AM
Thanks Rebecca for the prompt service!!

I received my Samples today, so looking forward to test driving them.

Regards,

Marg.

Proteus
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 04:54 AM
I have tried the Earthworm Flake and the Fry food, and am very impressed. If only fish could talk... although they knocked it off in a few seconds, so I reckon that is as good as saying yummo

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 06:00 AM
i got mine today :D thanks for the great service :D

*i recieved them on my b'day (22 march) so thanks for the b'day pressie Xtreme!!!!*

Crocky
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 06:07 AM
Anyone in Victoria got there sample yet.

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 07:31 AM
How do we go about placing an order?

I'd like 170g packs of all of the above, sent to Victoria.

I've heard very good reports about this food from people who have used it in the past. :P

Xtreme
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 07:54 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your responses, those who havent received their samples yet, should by today or tommorow at the latest, if they dont turn up, please advise and i will send another out to you.
Stock will arrive in the shop on friday, and will be sent out on tuesday, for those orders in by monday morning. After that all orders will be sent the same day or the following working day.
Shipping costs will be available in the morning.
Orders can be placed here or emailed to me at info@xtremeaquariums.com.au, or phoned into the shop on
(02) 95266105.

Thanks

Rebecca

Dee
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 09:01 AM
Hello Xtreme,

I got my sample today of the ultra flakes and must say the fish went for them big time. I will be placing an order soon ... thanks for the sample :)

GP, it's my birthday today too mate and it was nice to get a little Birthday fish pressie in the mail. :)

Cheers,

Dee

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 09:45 AM
hehehehehe awesome Dee!!! ill remember for next year and wish ya a happy b'day!! what did you get? :D

Dee
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 09:51 AM
Heya GP,

Cheers mate :) ditto, I will easily remember your Bday too lol !

For my birthday, the missus got me a Eheim Pro 2222 canister ... also got the usual T shirts and a new wallet hehe.

What did you get ?

Cheers,

Dee :)

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 09:58 AM
hahahahaa nice

i got 4 longfin albino bristlenoses, a breeding pair of snow leopard discus, money, cycling gear (road bike) and i still have stuff to come hehehehehe

cheers bud
David

Proteus
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 10:03 AM
hint: back to topic...

:wink:

Thanks

goldenpigeon
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
lol no probs lol

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well I got my samples tonight when I got home from work, so thankyou very much Xtreme.

The fry food was greedily accepted by 2 week old discus fry, still on the parent's backs. They have only ever seen baby brine shrimp before this, so I was very pleased that they found it so appealing. I'll remove the parents in a week or so, and continue feeding the fry on this new food.

I also have a tank of angel fry 4 weeks old. They have been fed on baby brine shrimp and shaved beef heart. I found there is quite a difference in the size of these fish. Not too sure if it's usual for angel fry. They all seemed to find the baby fry food very appertising, and the mixed size was just right for the different sizes of fry.

I hope to see a more even growth rate using this food. It will be an interesting experiment.

I also got samples of the earthworm flake, (which the rainbowfish loved) and the SpiruVeg flake which found favour with the albino bristlenose fry.

All in all, at this early stage, I have to say I'm very impressed, especially with the fry food.

Xtreme
Wed Mar 22, 2006, 11:50 PM
Ok, Firstly, happy birthday to those who aged another year! :D :D

Shipping prices are as follows:
Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and NT $11.00
Sydney: $6.00,

I am going today if I get time ( I have a one year old at work with me everyday!), to go to the post office and see if they have a cheaper option other than my courier. I will get the best deivery price I can and pass it on.

Thank you for all your encouraging responses, we have tested the food here in the shop and at home, and all types of fish seem to love the food and eat it without hesitaton. We are looking forward to seeing the long term growth differences, and hearing feedback from you.

Cheers
Rebecca

Crocky
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 06:32 AM
Got my today and will try some fry food tonight.

Thanks again xtreme.

Brad.c

ruujin
Thu Mar 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
I got mine in the mail last night too, thanks xtreme!

Xtreme
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 01:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Shipping prices to the following areas from Xtreme Aquariums are as follows:

Sydney under 500g: $6.80 - Australia Post Express Post Satchel
Sydney over 500g: $7.80 - Fastway Courier Service
Melb, Brisbane, Adelaide: $10.95 - Fastway courier service
Perth: $18.70 - Fastway courier service.

Anything that is unusual size or weight will be quoted before sent out.

Obviously goods can be picked up from or store in person, and we welcome any visitors! :D

All orders and postage need to be paid prior to goods being sent out, a tax invoice will be enclsosed with your order.
Payment options can be obtained by sendng a PM or emailing me at info@xtremeaquariums.com.au.

Thank you for your support,

Rebecca

Proteus
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 10:13 PM
anyone got anymore feedback on this food...

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 29, 2006, 06:30 AM
My bulk order has just been sent, so it will arrive in time for my next lot of fry. I'll start them on this new fry food, and not use bbs. Should be interesting to compare the growth rates with previous spawns, fed on bbs, and this spawn fed on the new food, so I'll keep you updated. :P

Cichlabxr
Wed Mar 29, 2006, 11:35 PM
Placed my order yesterday. Thanks for the excellent service. Received my order before 8.00 this morning. The SpiruVeg was eagerly taken by my yellows, fuelleborni and Peacocks. The fry both yellows and discus had no trouble finding and eating the Ultra Plus Fry Food. Word of warning with the fry food "Follow the instructions" its amazing how much just dipping your index in provides.

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 30, 2006, 08:29 AM
Word of warning with the fry food "Follow the instructions" its amazing how much just dipping your index in provides.

Couldn't agree more. Just the tiniest amount goes a very long way. Got my order today (thanks Rebecca) and everyone is happily munching in to it now. But that fry food, I'm measuring it out with a toothpic LOL I'm very impressed.

Ben
Thu Apr 06, 2006, 11:21 AM
I am currently using the Ultra Plus Flakes and SpiruVeg Flakes! I give both products the Ben's thumbs up! :thumb

Ben
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 12:16 AM
FYI the free sample offer finished months ago but i have been impressed with these foods i am putting another order in as my large tubs are almost finished.

I recall seeing "biotec's" website some where but cant seem to find it. There was some excellent infomation about their products, specially the No BS fry foods.

Rebecca i have sent you a PM!!

cheers
Ben

Proteus
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 12:24 AM
Detailed info can be found at www.mreed.com

(Mike Reed is the manufacturer of the actual product that is relabeled for Australia by Biotec)

Ben
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 12:25 AM
Thats the one!! thanks Proteus!
I wasted 20 minutes trying to find that site again!!

LOL

Cheers
Ben

Xtreme
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 02:44 AM
Hi,

We have a few more samples, not many, hoping to get more soon.
They are the:

Earthworm Flakes Plus
Ultra Plus flakes

Drop me a line if you want one.
First in first served.

Thanks

Rebecca

Mulisha
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 03:44 AM
Thanks rebecca email sent :wink:

Hmm can't wait to try out the ultra fishy food 8-)

Thanks again

Cheers Rick.

Davo
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 09:26 AM
Rebecca,

I will take some sample/s if any are left. Email sent.

Thanks alot,
Dave.

Xtreme
Mon Aug 28, 2006, 11:30 AM
Just would like to know if everyone got the last lot of samples, and also those who have bought food in the past, if they are using it, and how is it going?

Thsnks
Rebecca

Mulisha
Mon Aug 28, 2006, 11:39 AM
I got my smaple thanks again when i opened the evenlope i thought it was drugs LOL then remeber is was fishy food lol

fish loved it once i run out of fish food i'll look at getting some.

:P

Proteus
Mon Nov 20, 2006, 02:20 AM
FYI, these products will soon be listed on the ASA website for those of you not able to visit the store.

ASA
Thu Nov 30, 2006, 09:28 AM
Biotec Ultra plus Fry Foods now available and in stock.

Biotec Foods (http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia.com.au/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=65)

:D