PDA

View Full Version : eheim external cannister filter

Nathan
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 08:18 AM
ive been looking around for an external cannister filter and have found that the eheim range are quite good, any thoughts?

Nathan

Dee
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hello Nathan,

I have used various Ehiems with various fish and tanks for years now and have never ever had any issues with Eheim filters. Personally I wouldn't use any other canisters, but that JMO. They are great work horse canister ... two thumbs up !

Cheers,

Dee. :)

spencer
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 10:12 AM
There are so many Eheim models, What does anyone reccomend for a 4x2x2 and a 4x18x15?
Thanks for any help

Nathan
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 11:47 AM
i ended up purchasing one for a 150l tank im going tos et it up tomorrow, thanx for the help though makes me feel ive made the right descision

Nathan

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 01:30 PM
Definately can't go wrong with an Eheim. I've been using them for around 30 years.

petros
Mon Mar 20, 2006, 09:11 PM
Hello guys! I have a 200lt tank with a wet/dry EHEIM professionel (2217)as the main filter. The old one EHEIM cannister filter that I used, I transformed it to "mechanical". I removed the ceramic noodles, I put the bioballs at the bottom for about 10cm, 1 fine filter pad, a layer of active carbon, 1 fine filter pad, a layer of active carbon, 1 fine filter pad and at last a pouch which removes the phosphates. I actedunder the instructions of the guy at the pet store, but I have my worries if I have done it right. At the moment it seems to run ok and the water has become crystal clear after 1-2 days since the transformation. Do you have any recommendations or comments??