Thu Mar 16, 2006, 10:11 AM
more pics (wrigglers eating bbs)

nicholas76
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 10:26 AM
im moving to the country !

Great work!

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 10:41 AM
Not sure if it's that wonderful Wangaratta (country Victoria for those interstate) water, or if it's the way you talk to the fish Brad, but whatver it is..........................keep doing it LOL

ozarowana
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 02:52 AM
Good work :D

RGD = red gold diamond?

mcloughlin2
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 05:45 AM
Good work

RGD = red gold diamond?

Yes, RGD stands for red golden diamond.... :wink:

Dee
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 08:26 AM
Heya Crocky,

Great work !!! must be something in the water up that way :wink:

Great to see some Aussie bred RGD's :thumb Best of luck with the fry mate ! Much kudos for Merrilyn too :wink:

Cheers,

Dee.

OscarManAlpha
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 12:32 PM
What a perfect pair of fish.

How good is that !!

Thanks for shareing those pics.

Cheers,

Mark

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
Well all the credit goes to Crocky and the wonderful Wangaratta water. Although I own the fish and tried to spawn them several times, he was the one able to get the pair to produce enough slime coat and get the fry to attach.

Must be something about Melbourne water that they don't like, because although I could get them to the wriggler stage, they never seemed to have any slime coating. The parents seemed irritated when the fry tried to attach, and in frustration, ate their wrigglers every time.

So well done Brad. You are the red fish guru. :P

marg
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 03:16 PM
Ladyred,

Brad is the Discus Guru - no matter what colour!!

Regards,

Marg.

Crocky
Fri Mar 17, 2006, 09:30 PM
Talking about the water,I have found in one of my 6 foot tanks that has several pairs in it which i can devide the pair if that lay eggs.Is that I have great hatch rate and they find the parents ,but they all die off as the pair don't have any slime.I have a canister filter on the tank and don't do too many w/c and my thinking is the ph might be very low and has something to do with fish not raising there babies because all these pairs in this have no problem in any other tank.

Brad

discusjim
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 01:16 AM
Great work mate, they look really good!!!
Better come and have a look soon.
Jim