PDA

View Full Version : ladyred rgd pair with 4 day old wrigglers

Crocky
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 10:02 AM
Here some photo of a pair rgd which belong the Merrilyn.
Talking on the phone to ladyred one night about breeding and selling discus and how I was going to Rye and how she had gone back to work full time .I have ended up bringing a pair off her rgd home to see if I can get her some babies by fostering there wriggler to one of my pairs which spawned aroung the same time.The day I picked them up merrilyn was sick and the pair had wrigglers so I took them aswell as thought I had a pair at home with wrigglers.The settle in very well I brought home on a Friday they layed on the Monday and now have around 100 4 day old wrigglers on them.

Hope you like them

Brad

Crocky
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 10:06 AM
more photo's

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 10:37 AM
Brad, you are the discus guru. 8-)

You've done a wonderful job. :P

discusme
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 12:47 PM
wow, good work Brad :)

Cheers,
Ronny

Crocky
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 09:33 PM
There 7 days old now and there swimming around the tank looking for food already.The pair fight like cats and dogs when the male tries to off load the babies to the female (shes the boss in this pair).

Brad

ashley
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hi Brad
Thats fantastic, I hope some day I can be as good as you with my fish.
Ashley. :lol:

Crocky
Sat Mar 18, 2006, 10:27 PM
(good)=just having a good few months,having a little luck a the moment.But saying that I killed 150 odd 3cm babies last week by being lazy ,over stocking a tank and not measuring pp out before adding.pp=potassium permanganate I have read a few books and post saying they treat there youngster at this stage to prevent any external problem which I have done on the last lot of babies with no problem.Town water is treated with chlorine but have close look at one day it dosen't kill everything.

Brad